Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

W164 2007 FM Aerial Wiring

7K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  RichardA 
#1 ·
2007 W164 FM aerial questions

I am trying to fully understand the diversity aerial set up and booster arrangement on this model and need some help from anyone that has been here before.

At the head unit end, my car has three Fakra connectors. Bright yellow, black and blue.

Blue is for GPS I believe
Black is for FM I believe
Bright yellow – Diversity aerial?

Moving to the rear, in the roof panel there is a small box with three Fakra connectors going to it.

Blue, Black and Green. What is each one for?

There is also two other connector. One red/pink with a single wire and another black connector with three wires. Black, red and yellow.

What are these for?

Moving to the tailgate, there is what I think is a aerial booster. It connects to the rear heated screen with two wires.

It also has a blue Farkra connector and the same red/pink single wire connecter as the one in the roof panel has.
Its gets it’s earth from the tailgate it is bolted to.

The rear ¼ side glasses also seem to have a aerial in them. What is this used for?

My overall aim is to get my aftermarket head unit to have a great FM signal which is does not have at the moment.

Hopefully using the diversity aerial system which I think will be the tailgate glass aerial and the one in the roof panel.

Any assistance would be great.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Some info from memory

a) The side windows are used for TV and DAB (not in USA) if you have the options
b) The antenna amplifier you found in the rear windscreen connects (via COAX) to the roof antenna pack
c) The red/pink is power to the antenna amplifier
d) The head unit connector has a power feed to power up the antenna amplifiers, its grey or grey/black I seem to recall.
e) All 3 fakra connections from the stereo go to the roof antenna pack
f) Therefore I think there should be 4 x coax connections to roof antenna (GPS, FM, FM-diverse from head unit, FM to rear door amp (which is the green one i'm pretty sure))
g) The way it works all changes for MY2009 facelift as antenna power supplied as phantom over the coax.

Cheers
Richard

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.