Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Recommendations for a Dashcam with a Simultaneous Rear-View Camera, Dual Channel DVR?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  subterFUSE 
#1 ·
I have a Magellan GPS with a built-in forward looking dashcam that I find really useful whilst out Uber-driving, just in case some "lemming", sorry pedestrian, steps off the "cliff", sorry sidewalk, out in front of the car or some homicidal Houston pickup truck driver decides to pull out on front of me, switch lanes and hit the brakes hard, etc.

In the past, I've been rear-ended a few times as well, usually by dozy idiots using their cell phones, texting their BFFs, simultaneously posting to Snapbook or Facechat, whilst sipping their mocha Frappuccino, doing their nails and checking their makeup. You know, typical 21st century moron behind the wheel stuff.

Anyway, I'd like to add a dashcam with a built in DVR that records at least two and preferably three channels at once, initially for the Uber, but later for general driving. I'd like to fit them to the R350, and later to the CLKs. Two channels would cover front and rear (or if I continue to use the Magellan for front, inside and rear), three would cover front, rear and inside.

Suggestions?

Can I use the M-B camera already fitted to the R-350 or do I need to use the camera supplied?

See less See more
#5 ·
I have the Blackvue 650 2-channel in both of my cars, and it's great.

Twice now it has saved me. One time when a burglar came in my garage and stole iPods from the car, and another time when my car was parallel parked on the street and a van side swiped it (hit & run).

My video got the burglar busted and put in prison, and my dash video caught the license plate of the hit & run offender and his insurance covered my claim 100%.

I highly recommend getting the Power Magic Pro kit. This allows the cameras to run off car battery even while the car is turned off.

Car video is more important while parked than while driving, in my personal experience. Both times I needed the camera were parked incidents.

#6 ·
I have had the blackvue 750 in my jeep for almost 3 years and it is actually very good. I bought the power magic kit, but did not yet install it. system works well without it for me. Like the 650 irt has a front and rear camera (view out the rear window). Blackvuw is suppossed to be making a new version fo the 700 seires but I don't know if they have released it yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.