Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

W164 Aftermarket head unit MOST question

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  ml320dogg 
#1 ·
Hello:

I am thinking of replacing my head unit with an aftermarket unit. The models I look at can come with a fiber optics interface where I plug in the analog speaker wires and the fiber optic connectors that are currently behind my head unit. This lets me keep the Harman Kardon Amplifier.

The instructions I am viewing online seem to tell me that I need to take the other devices (except amp and new Head unit to MOST connector) off of the MOST ring in order to set up the new device that connects the audio to the MOST.

So my question is, do I have to do that? And how would I? I looked over the instructions that people have posted for installation of the AVIV Avant2 in the w164, but they don't mention this.

Since my other devices (that I know of) won't work anymore with a new head unit, I could just go and put a fiber optic loop on each of the connectors if I could figure out which things have a connector and where they can find them.

I am not sure how many connections I have. The devices possibly include the head unit, the amp (these will stay operational.) the cd changer in glove box (I can find that one), the armrest phone/PUK/bluettoh connector (don't know where this would hook in), tele-aid (??), sirius tuner(this must have one but I don't know where); may navigation dvd is part of the head unit so there is no separate NAV box, there is an "AUX" input jack in the glovebox where you can connect the headphone plug of my phone (not sure if that is separate.

So does anyone know how many of these things have a MOST connector and if so, where they would be found? What is the easiest way to get them off of the ring?

Thanks

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.