Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

GREAT UPDATE ON MY '00-'06 PHONE BULLETINS

27K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  FilamMD 
#1 · (Edited)
As some of you know, the phone bulletins referred to throughout the "How-To Guide for Cell Phone Upgrades, etc." sticky are no longer available on Paul H. Dick's website. The index is, but not the bulletins themselves. However, member elc32955 has provided the extremely useful information at post #667 of the Guide; it is reproduced entirely below. Hats off to you, Eric! :thumbsup:

And Ex-Fed has taken the time to go thorough that procedure and create a pdf with active links that will retrieve the phone bulletins for some models from '99, most models from '00-'05 and some '06 as well. The bulletins also contain CDC installation instructions for some models. See post #5 below. Thanks, Ex-Fed!! :bowdown:

The How-To Guide has been updated to reflect this information.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Posted by: elc32955
On: 06-07-2014 08:38 PM

Hi Folks!

I'm pretty new here, but I've started to tackle the problem of enabling Bluetooth in my 2005 E320 CDI and have been reading the FAQ's from all around the forums. I see a common theme here and on other sites that the Phone Bulletin archive seems to have disappeared from Paul's website as of a few months ago, which had a lot of good information on it (that I needed for my 05).

Well, even though the bulletins are gone off Paul's site, the bulletins are STILL AVAILABLE via the power of the 'net! Here's how you get to them.

1) Go to the Wayback machine site, https://archive.org/web/web.php

2) Enter the complete URL of the file formerly available on Paul's site (example - archive for the 2005 E-series sedan) from Paul's page such as "http://phdwebsite.powerpulse.cc/Phone%20Install%20Bulletins/2005%20E%20Sedan.pdf". Paul's index page is still up so this can be used as the source for the URL information you'll need. Phone Bulletins (Phone Bulletins)

3) The archive search you've requested will take you to a calendar page. There will be entries highlighted that represents the last time the page was crawled and archived. Click on a highlighted date (in this case, I used Sept 2, 2011).

4) Bingo!!! There's your PDF Phone Bulletin, complete with pictures. I'd highly recommend someone with available time track these all down and make a new repository somewhere.

Just a little lesson that _nothing ever disappears off the Internet _ if you know how to search for it. Hopefully this helps people in my position who are looking for this info. for upgrades.

Thanks
Eric

See less See more
#2 ·
#4 ·
Right...Eventually I will add all the models listed on Paul's site. I have copies of the PDF's stored locally here also. I THINK hosting them on Google will last for awhile. But I am making them public if anyone would like to download them from my Google links. I seem to remember you trying to get ahold of Paul in regards to reposting of the bulletins and not getting any answers. I don't want to "steal" his link page but I may follow his grid layout as a "portal" link to the complete set of PDF's.

#5 ·
Trying to get all the Phone Bulletins on one post was getting ugly. So I have made a PDF file of the classes and model years in a grid. The links are active in the document and you should be able to click and go to that document. Once there you should be able to either download or print from there.

If you find a non working link, please let me know.

Attachments

#6 · (Edited)
I will - and as soon as you are satisfied, we'll stick it and I'll put it in the How-To Guide.

Thanks, again, Ex-Fed.! :thumbsup::bowdown:

NOTE: The phone bulletin pdf file in the preceding post is updated and current; this thread is stuck, and the How-To Guide is updated.

#7 ·
I will - and as soon as you are satisfied, we'll stick it and I'll put it in the How-To Guide.

Thanks, again, Ex-Fed.! :thumbsup::bowdown:
Its done and you're more than welcome :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.