Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Transferring Contact to Bluetooth?

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  wallyp 
#1 ·
Hey all!
Just got a 2009 clk 350. I have a Windows 8 phone - HTC 8x. I managed to connect it to my bluetooth and can make calls but am lost as to how to transfer my contacts from my phone to the car. Any help would be much appreciated

#2 ·
I'm eagerly following this...I just got an '08 CLS550 and have a Nokia Lumia 920, same issue. I appear to have no ability to save / access contacts in the car. I think we have a version of the COMAND unit they refer to as NTG1, which may not do this....or, we need a different Bluetooth puck in order for it to work. Been reading this afternoon - learning what I even have has been a chore.

#4 ·
NTG-1 does indeed transfer contacts - that is what my car has, and they transfer fine, especially with the pucks having part numbers ending in 5878 and 6131. It may be a compatibility problem with the particular phone, or it may require settings on the phone that I am not familiar with (I am not familiar with either of your phones).

#5 ·
You're right, it's not the NTG-1. I have the 6131 version puck, and it's a No-Go. I found a link to an actual M-B factory 'update' document indicating a successor to the 6131 included "PBAB" support, which is probably what my phone needs for this to happen. Of course, the Viseeo MB-4 seems to work with it just fine also.

Awilks, I have had a Windows phone for over a year, just upgraded to the WP8 platform. It is the best smartphone I've ever used, and easily the best mobile phone user interface ever developed.

#6 ·
Those with a new Windows Phone 8 device will be very happy to know that if they do a software update on their phone, it will suddenly begin downloading / syncing their contacts list with their COMAND module. I saw a strange message on the screen when I started the car after having done the upgrade - it said "Address book full - OK to confirm" or something like that. I didn't even realize it was talking about my phone, because I was on the NAV screen. The second time I saw it, it hit me. I went to TEL, and the address book icon was there...pressed the softkey for it, and viola...most of my contacts were there (it quit somewhere after R - I have to clean some of them up I guess).

I'm still using the 6131 puck...thankfully I never got around to plopping down the money on an MB-4. No need for that at this point.

#7 ·
The phone's contact list would load on my 2003 S430 thru the Bluetooth puck, but the car would not use it.

We bought a C3 Star system, and while exploring the car systems I found a place to implement a "phone with enhanced capabilities". I did so, and the car now happily uses the phone's contact list.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.