Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

LEGITIMATE SOURCES OF RADIO CODES

74K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Skylaw 
#1 · (Edited)
Because every thief with a stolen radio will have a convincing sounding story, it is unwise to provide the codes on this or any other web site, or to send them to a requester offline. A dealer can verify ownership (whether by sales contract, registration documents, or your simply being registered as the owner of that VIN in his computer). We can't do that. It's that simple, no matter how annoying it is.

While most of the folks who write in here are likely legitimate owners, we have no way to verify that on the forum - and over time, if the site or its individual contributors (whether by PM or by open posting) were known as an easy source of codes, you'd see many more MB head units stolen - and a far larger percentage of the requesters not being legitimate owners.

Here's the information that will protect the interests of the forum as well of those of legitimate owners:

1) Your dealership can provide the code if you can provide your VIN, and most in the U.S. will do it free for their customers. Most will verify ownership (very easy if they already have you as a customer in their computer system; and, they'll already have your VIN).

2) If your dealer does not cooperate, those with Becker radios can complete the form at http://beckerradiocodes.com, providing ownership information requested and sending the required fee.

3) Those with Alpine radios may call Alpine customer service.

4) COMAND units before the '08 models (NTG 1 and 2) do not have radio codes.

5) If you have the correct code for your radio but need help with the procedures for entering it, see post # 17 at https://www.benzworld.org/forums/audio-telematics-forum/1357773-need-radio-code-2.html and https://www.benzworld.org/forums/au...6-98-slk-radio-code-sequence.html#post2673128 to start; you may have to search more on "radio code entry" or "radio code sequence."

6) Posts and threads that do nothing more than request a radio code will be closed.

See less See more
#2 ·
I took the battery out of my car and now the radio is asking for code, otherwise I can't turn it on..

My VIN# WDB2100041A333468

Mercedes E 220 97' Diesel.

Please some one help me out. I am not thief! I bought the car in Germany and I live in Macedonia. So I can't contact my dealer because I bought used car :( We can talk on Skype if you want and I can show you my car... I can also send you the pictures of my car before, at the accident and after the repair...

Send me the code here or on my email adress tonomontana@hotmail.com

Thanks in Advance!

#3 ·
I took the battery out of my car and now the radio is asking for code, otherwise I can't turn it on..

My VIN# WDB2100041A333468

Mercedes E 220 97' Diesel.

Please some one help me out. I am not thief! I bought the car in Germany and I live in Macedonia. So I can't contact my dealer because I bought used car :( We can talk on Skype if you want and I can show you my car... I can also send you the pictures of my car before, at the accident and after the repair...
Where do you buy parts for your car? I guess you expect that your nearest MB dealer sells you parts? This is your dealer for the radio security code too even if you did not buy the car from that shop (you do expect to get parts from them even if you did not purchase the car from that dealer?).

PS. I hope moderators delete these useless discussion posts from this thread, my message included.

#4 ·

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.