BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2011
Vehicle: 2005 Brilliant Silver E55 AMG
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Post W211 2005 E55 AMG COMAND PROBLEM

Guys I searched for this topic & couldnt find anything here, so I apologize if this question has been answered...

05' E55 AMG comand comes on to show AMG Logo but either stays on logo screen or just goes black. Nav doesn't come on, neither does the radio. It has been working fine, it just went black one day to only show the logo screen or just blank all together.

I really would love to avoid the stealership, please help me guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 07:04 AM

Date registered: Oct 2004
Vehicle: 2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL "Christine"
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
That is a symptom of an open fiber optic loop. You may have either a loose or unplugged fiber optic connection or else a malfunctioning piece of equipment on the loop that will not allow light to pass.

Check the phone bulletin for your car at Phone Bulletins - it should show you where the connections are located. Start with the easy ones.

If that doesn't work try the procedures at http://www.carstereohelp.com/mercedesFiberOptic.htm and http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audi...d-changer.html

And a final step would be to disconnect the battery for about 5 minutes, then reconnect it. If you do that, you may need Handy Resets for the W220 and possibly other models | Mercedes-Benz Club of America - although written for the S-Class, most of it will work for the E-Class as well.

Warren

2005 S500 4-Matic
with Gateway 500 iPod integration

1978 450SL restoration project

Formerly: 2000 S500
with Ice>Link iPod integration
Moto V710 phone with MikBox
Upgraded Voice Control
#3 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 07:50 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylaw View Post
That is a symptom of an open fiber optic loop. You may have either a loose or unplugged fiber optic connection or else a malfunctioning piece of equipment on the loop that will not allow light to pass.

Check the phone bulletin for your car at Phone Bulletins - it should show you where the connections are located. Start with the easy ones.

If that doesn't work try the procedures at http://www.carstereohelp.com/mercedesFiberOptic.htm and http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audi...d-changer.html

And a final step would be to disconnect the battery for about 5 minutes, then reconnect it. If you do that, you may need Handy Resets for the W220 and possibly other models | Mercedes-Benz Club of America - although written for the S-Class, most of it will work for the E-Class as well.
Thank you very much for your reply......I dont have any tools at all & can change my oil & filter at best, with my low skill set, is this something I can do on my own??

Also, what if I disco fuse #6 then put it back? Would that make it come back?

Also i just noticed that the lights on the NAV disc entry point in the truck are flashing.

Last edited by Ike Luv; 08-01-2011 at 07:54 AM. Reason: adding one more thing
#4 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 11:05 AM

Date registered: Oct 2004
Vehicle: 2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL "Christine"
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
You don't need me to answer the first two, but here goes.

1) You'll only know if you try. Look at the links I gave you and decide for yourself.

2) There are several fuses in your audio system. You could try #6, but I cannot say it will bring it back. However, it won't hurt anything to try.

3) A problem with the CDC may very well be the source of your problem. I have given you a link that addresses troubleshooting, and with what you described, the CDC would be high on my list of early things to try.

Warren

2005 S500 4-Matic
with Gateway 500 iPod integration

1978 450SL restoration project

Formerly: 2000 S500
with Ice>Link iPod integration
Moto V710 phone with MikBox
Upgraded Voice Control
#5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 08:32 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: May 2011
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Becker Autosound Website they can help and are local to you bergen county nj
#6 (permalink) Old 08-06-2011, 10:48 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylaw View Post
You don't need me to answer the first two, but here goes.

1) You'll only know if you try. Look at the links I gave you and decide for yourself.

2) There are several fuses in your audio system. You could try #6, but I cannot say it will bring it back. However, it won't hurt anything to try.

3) A problem with the CDC may very well be the source of your problem. I have given you a link that addresses troubleshooting, and with what you described, the CDC would be high on my list of early things to try.

Ok, thank you very much friend. I guess I will check the CDC, I'm just really nervous I'll screw something else up in the process.... Guess I will try this weekend...
#7 (permalink) Old 08-06-2011, 10:51 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomm1967 View Post
Becker Autosound Website they can help and are local to you bergen county nj

Great, thanks alot. If I'm too scared to crack it open myself, I will def take it to those guys. I checked out the site too. I hope they don't beat me over the head, but I guess thats better than the stealership.
#8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 10:13 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
So I go to get in the car this morning & the Battery was dead. I assume that the comand stayed on after I got out the previous night. I called Benz roadside assistance (which was here in like 5 minutes) & they jumped the battery. After the car came on, the comand came back, & now it works perfectly. I guess the reset from the battery being dead, reset the comand. I hope it just needed a reset & wont just randomly go out again. Only time will tell I guess. So I hope this helped someone else with a similar issue.

Thanks for your input guys, greatly appreciated

Last edited by Ike Luv; 08-08-2011 at 10:14 AM. Reason: ?
#9 (permalink) Old 09-10-2011, 09:42 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Comand went out again...I will try to disco the battery first. I guess this may be an issue now. My keyless go went out of the whole driver side also. After abt 3 or 4 pulls on the door it opens but the rear doesn't open up at all without actually pushing the "unlock" button on the key fob.
#10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 11:06 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
So I disco'ed the battery & the comand came back. The new problem is that the keyless door open doesn't work & now after the battery was reconnected the pano roof doesn't open, just the window shades on the roof work now...

Is this a dealer trip?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Technical Forums > Audio & Telematics Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.