Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Command for W211 Dvd+Mp3 Mercedes E320 Avantgard

11K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Tize 
#1 ·
Hi all I bought the new command for the W211 model, my problem seems so small that got me mad now.
I have removed the device that I currently have attached photo of him that you may know it is, and the connectors.
Well my problem is that when I connect the new computer does not work, will not turn as if he were running though the connector is the same.
I went to the house and they said grants to request time for me stared at, or I'll have to pay service when 60 € that if I look in just one hour to tell me that after not can or whatever.

My question is if anyone knows of the item would have to buy anything even if it costs 100 €, I imagine that is a complement to cable or it can be implemented, the device enters and connects perfectly.
If anyone can help me it would be really greatly appreciated.
Perhaps what we need this on eBay but do not know what else can be.
I know they sell a lot of cables and adapters, you ask who sold me the machine and told me that no one knows.

Here I plug my car.

The connector on my current machine in my car.

The connector apparatus of my back.

The sideboard my current working 100%.

What I need is to know if anyone can tell me I need to put in my car or cable should I buy to be able to launch this new device.
Thank you.

See less See more
#2 ·
So you have bought an NTG2.5 Comand to a car that previously had an Audio 20 CD unit. If your fuses are ok, the new unit really should power up once you have connected the big connector. But you would need a few items to bring it fully functional. Have a look at existing threads about Comand NTG2.5 retrofit here at the audio & telematics or at the W211 section.

#3 ·
Hello thank you very much for your reply.
The device I have right now is only cd.
And the truth is that things are not new to buy to get it running. I am very concerned that I do not understand much English.
If you can please tell me where to look or things I buy I'd be very grateful.
I've tried it and enters the connector is correct but does not start well the new device.
Thank you.

#4 · (Edited)
Hello and welcome to the forum,
may we know more details about your car? What's your native language?
In fact as you may realized you had a W211 Audio-20CD and bought a new Comand Ntg2.5 system that needs to be adapted to your car (Main connector conv,Bluetooth antenna,Existing microphones conv.,Radio Antenna conv..)
This adaptation kit will vary if your system was with or without phone system

Comand Online Ltd :: COMAND Retrofit parts :: W211/W219/R171 E/CLS/SLK Audio-20-CD to COMAND NTG2.5 conversion set for cars with phone

Comand Online Ltd :: COMAND Retrofit parts :: W211/W219/R171 E/CLS/SLK Audio-20-CD to COMAND NTG2.5 conversion set for cars without phone

I also assume you already has an AGW in your car..

Also check out this:
http://www.mercupgrades.com/COMAND APS FAQ-faq-10.html
and this
http://www.mercupgrades.com/COMAND+APS+Retrofit+E+++CLS+Class-article-27.html

If I have post something wrong please correct me

Good luck!

#5 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum,
may we know more details about your car? What's your native language?
In fact as you may realized you had a W211 Audio-20CD and bought a new Comand Ntg2.5 system that needs to be adapted to your car (Main connector conv,Bluetooth antenna,Existing microphones conv.,Radio Antenna conv..)
This adaptation kit will vary if your system was with or without phone system

Comand Online Ltd :: COMAND Retrofit parts :: W211/W219/R171 E/CLS/SLK Audio-20-CD to COMAND NTG2.5 conversion set for cars with phone

Comand Online Ltd :: COMAND Retrofit parts :: W211/W219/R171 E/CLS/SLK Audio-20-CD to COMAND NTG2.5 conversion set for cars without phone

I also assume you already has an AGW in your car..
I had not noticed Comand Online have also started to supply the wiring harness.

Audio 20 CD head unit would not have AGW (unless it came with Sound System audio which would be rare with the basic radio, never seen that combination).

#9 ·
Hey, the truth is I do not know what I need and I do not understand it.
What if I can say that the connector on my current cd radio has the same connector that the new appliance I purchased.
If you need cables or something please let me know and know what to buy.
Thank you.:)

#10 ·
Hello everyone, thanks for your messages.
Right now I already have the cables managers at the website Kabel Daviko and I'm just waiting to receive them.
Where have all and have it working again I write to you to know that it's gone.
I have not bought on the web about why I had what I needed and in this other site if they do and cheaper.
Thank you very much everybody.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.