I have a 2007 c230 sport and while I have done everything I can to find the elusive "white plug", I just cant locate it.
1). First, this is compatible with my car correct? I have no CDC player, but when I do hold that button down the "AUX" display appears.
2) Is this the model that fixed the low volume problem? How good is the sound?
3)how is the interface? I can scan and select songs from the steering wheel controls, but not the "headunit" or ipod itself, correct?
4)would this be compatible with the HK drive and play II?
5)How hard is instillation?
6) what information is shown on the display?
1) yes it is compatible with your car.
2) There is no true fix for your car. It will still have the low volume issue and reduced bass response. However, that will be true of any device that you input through the aux interface.
3) I got rid of the factory iPod interface in favor of the mObridge iPod/Bluetooth interface and I have to be be honest, the factory iPod menu is faster and easier to use than the mObridge. But the mObridge sounds way better since it uses the MOST bus to connect to the head unit. There is no loss compared to using the AUX input.
4) If you are talking about the aftermarket HK unit, it would not be compatible because they are totally independant systems.
5) It is not too terribly difficult, but it really depends on your skill level, you have to remove your head unit and you have to remove the covers underneath the glove compartment to mount the interface unit.
6) You can access all your playlists, you can sort by artist, genre, album, title, etc. However, only the song title is displayed during playback and on the C-Class, I think only 10 characters of the title are displayed.
PM me with any other questions you have. I still have my old factory system that I pulled out of my 2007 C350.