2003 C320 bluetooth + ipod integration - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Nov 2007
Vehicle: 2003 C320
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2003 C320 bluetooth + ipod integration

Hey,

I have a 2003 C320 and I am interested in installing a bluetooth hands-free phone system (that works with the prewired telematics system) and possibly ipod integration. How would I go about doing this? I do not have the V60 cradle in my car, so is this still possible? Also, I have an HTC phone (Cingular 3125), which is not listed as compatible with the v60 bluetooth cradle. Any ideas? (I'm just not sure how to go about implementing these features).

Thanks!
neptuneg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 06:46 AM
Moderator
 
Skylaw's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2004
Vehicle: 2010 S550
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 8,288
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
You say you do not have a V60 cradle, so for purposes of this response I will assume you have no phone system at all - and because you use Cingular, you are in the U.S.

Check the Dension Gateway 500 with the add-on Bluetooth option. You need the D2B version. See Dension Audio Systems

In future posts, please also let us know where you live (at least, the continent) - the electronics of the car differ depending on what specification it was built to, and it can affect future answers.

Warren

2010 S550

Formerly:
2005 S500 4-Matic
2000 S500
1978 450SL

Last edited by Skylaw; 11-22-2007 at 06:49 AM.
Skylaw is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Nov 2007
Vehicle: 2003 C320
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylaw View Post
You say you do not have a V60 cradle, so for purposes of this response I will assume you have no phone system at all - and because you use Cingular, you are in the U.S.

Check the Dension Gateway 500 with the add-on Bluetooth option. You need the D2B version. See Dension Audio Systems

In future posts, please also let us know where you live (at least, the continent) - the electronics of the car differ depending on what specification it was built to, and it can affect future answers.
Sorry about that. I am in New York and I think the system is pre-wired, but no, I do not have any phone system in the car. I also just have the standard audio system, not COMMAND. Can the dealer install the phone system + v60 cradle?

Last edited by neptuneg; 11-22-2007 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Did not provide enough information
neptuneg is offline  
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 11:57 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Diesel Benz's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Location: Europe
Posts: 10,263
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
How do you know the car is prewired? I know some know it for a car type and MY but I would look at the data card.

A dealer probably would not install the system if the car is not prewired (depends a lot, some don't do it even if it was prewired, some may do it in any case).
Diesel Benz is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Nov 2007
Vehicle: 2003 C320
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz View Post
How do you know the car is prewired? I know some know it for a car type and MY but I would look at the data card.

A dealer probably would not install the system if the car is not prewired (depends a lot, some don't do it even if it was prewired, some may do it in any case).
It is pre-wired for a phone. I know because it's a US model and it says it is pre-wired in the specs. Has anyone tried the Dension Gateway 500 with the bluetooth adapter?
neptuneg is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 10:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Diesel Benz's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Location: Europe
Posts: 10,263
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neptuneg View Post
It is pre-wired for a phone. I know because it's a US model and it says it is pre-wired in the specs. Has anyone tried the Dension Gateway 500 with the bluetooth adapter?
It is not prewired "because it is a US model", it must be prewired if your window sticker or data card says so. It may also be prewired because it being "a 2003 C320". Anyway, not familiar with the Dension Gateway but you should find a few posts with a search, hope those provide sufficient info.
Diesel Benz is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 05:04 AM
Moderator
 
Skylaw's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2004
Vehicle: 2010 S550
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 8,288
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by neptuneg View Post
Sorry about that. I am in New York and I think the system is pre-wired, but no, I do not have any phone system in the car. I also just have the standard audio system, not COMMAND. Can the dealer install the phone system + v60 cradle?
It's easy enough to determine if you're prewired; most cars marketed in the U.S. were, until the 2006 model year. However, you can use the phone bulletin for your car at Phone Bulletins to locate the connectors. If there are unused connectors as the bulletin describes, you are prewired. Because you apparently have the options list for you car, and it says pre-wired, the chances are excellent that it is.

A dealer should be able to order the parts and install them for you. If you are going to use a pure Bluetooth installation with the V60 puck, you will not need either the linear compensator or the antenna switch, so that is a savings. You will need the Autosense PSE, the V60s cradle, and the V60 puck. You will also need the installation version coded, so your fiber optics bus will recognize it. See http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audi...bluetooth.html, especially posts 1,2, and 6.

For iPod - I do not know if your car has an aux audio input jack; if so, they're usually behind a plastic cover in the glove compartment if you have one. If not, you'll need a way to access the fiber optics bus, which the Gateway 500 does.

I have a Gateway 500 that I am very happy with for use with the iPod, but I have the MB MHI system, so I don't use the Gateway Bluetooth add-on.

Warren

2010 S550

Formerly:
2005 S500 4-Matic
2000 S500
1978 450SL

Last edited by Skylaw; 11-23-2007 at 11:35 AM. Reason: added "For iPod"
Skylaw is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 08:08 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Nov 2007
Vehicle: 2003 C320
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylaw View Post
It's easy enough to determine if you're prewired; most cars marketed in the U.S. were, until the 2006 model year. However, you can use the phone bulletin for your car at Phone Bulletins to locate the connectors. If there are unused connectors as the bulletin describes, you are prewired. Because you apparently have the options list for you car, and it says pre-wired, the chances are excellent that it is.

A dealer should be able to order the parts and install them for you. If you are going to use a pure Bluetooth installation with the V60 puck, you will not need either the linear compensator or the antenna switch, so that is a savings. You will need the Autosense PSE, the V60s cradle, and the V60 puck. You will also need the installation version coded, so your fiber optics bus will recognize it. See http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audi...bluetooth.html, especially posts 1,2, and 6.

I do not know if your car has an aux audio input jack; if so, they're usually behind a plastic cover in the glove compartment if you have one. If not, you'll need a way to access the fiber optics bus, which the Gateway 500 does.

I have a Gateway 500 that I am very happy with for use with the iPod, but I have the MB MHI system, so I don't use the Gateway Bluetooth add-on.

Thanks so much for your response!
neptuneg is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 06:56 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Aug 2007
Vehicle: 2001 C320
Location: Boston
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Skylaw,

Will this Gateway 500 work on an 01 C320? Currently I have the timeport phone (older than V60), so I don't think i have the V60 phone craddle.

By the way, do you know how much is the Gateway 500?

Thank you
m.anderson is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 04:36 AM
Moderator
 
Skylaw's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2004
Vehicle: 2010 S550
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 8,288
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
The Gateway 500 will work with the '01; it works with any car having a D2B or a MOST fiber optics bus.

With a TimePort phone, you certainly do not have a V60 cradle. However, depending on just when your car was manufactured, you could have an Autosense PSE. If so, you'd be in luck if you wanted to upgrade to a V60 plug-in or Bluetooth (puck) configuration. I suggest checking the part number on the PSE to determine exactly what you have.

The Gateway 500 usually retails for about $500, but discounts are available. I don't know the cost of the Bluetooth addition. Best to do a Google search for a vendor.

Warren

2010 S550

Formerly:
2005 S500 4-Matic
2000 S500
1978 450SL
Skylaw is offline  
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Technical Forums > Audio & Telematics Forum

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
Ipod integration for W211 (2003) Tomgun Audio & Telematics Forum 4 11-13-2007 03:47 PM
IPOD Integration on 2003 E320 (Audio 50) Handyovi Audio & Telematics Forum 6 03-17-2007 06:18 AM
2003 C230 Ipod Integration bktejas Audio & Telematics Forum 0 01-20-2007 10:06 PM
IPOD integration 2003 slk 320 sm1424 Audio & Telematics Forum 0 05-02-2006 09:47 PM
ML 500 Ipod and Bluetooth Integration cpiercew Audio & Telematics Forum 1 02-28-2006 11:27 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome