Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: 2004 E500
Location: SFBay Area, CA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2004 E500: Good news - V60BT bluetooth adapter works with Cingular Blackberry 8700c
I just bought the V60BT adapter from MB dealer & installed it in my 2004 E500. Although it has not been qualified for Blackberry 8700c, it connected with my Blackberry 8700c (Cingular).
Surprise!! Most functions work :-).
- Receiving & Dialing out calls: Very clear
- Voice control: Works (I had installed the voice control kit myself - after buying it on eBay)
- Dialed out & Received call log: It keeps its own log, but does not download from the phone.
- Phonebook: This is behaving strange, since it only downloaded upto names "J". Nothing beyond that. I unpaired & re-paired, but same issue. Once (& I was not able to repeat this) it showed names upto "k".
When a call comes in, it does tell me the caller ID & then matches it with the phone book. However if the entry does not exist (especially when ther caller's last name is beyond "J"), then it calls it an "unknown call.
* I wonder if this is related to the memory for the adapter (or the command system). I have about 950+ names stored in the Blackberry.
- It also tries downloading the SIM card list (when I push the green "call" button), but there's nothing on my SIM card for the Blackberry.
I will continue to experiment & find out what works & what does not. However, fo the time being, I am happy that most functions work quite fine, including "mic off" button for privacy.
In the meanwhile, if anyone else has any data on using the V60BT with BB 8700c, please provide feedback.
PS. My car originally did not have a phone adapter. I actually bought it on eBay & installed the cradle myself. I had to get MB dealership to "activate" the phone & it worked quite smooth. I had also installed the voice control kit myself & that works very well with the phone & other electronics in the car.