Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Ipod Kit differences?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  My04230k 
#1 ·
Does anyone know the difference between the IPoD kit for the W211 and the Kit for the W209 2005 and up?

I am wondering why the ladder has to be programmed but the w211 does not. what are the differences in the control harnesses?
Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
My04230k said:
Does anyone know the difference between the IPoD kit for the W211 and the Kit for the W209 2005 and up?
I am wondering why the ladder has to be programmed but the w211 does not. what are the differences in the control harness. Thanks

The 211 kit integrates to the can system at the audio gateway in the trunk for the control units purposes, and interior can for the text display in a can bus x connection under the dash.The aux. portion at the rear of the radio(if wired per the instructions).
The 209 has a internal audio gateway in the comand or headunit, and integrates to all functions via a "Y" cable at the headunit for the most part. Either car may or may not need to programmed depending on the settings from the factory and or equipment level of vehicle. The 209 install is much easier than the 211.

Hope this helps,
Sam

#3 ·
Thanks Samhmbz for the info..

I actually installed the kit in my W209 yesterday. No programming was needed because I have teleaid. You were right, the was waaaaaaay easier than the kit I put in the W211. This install took me less than an hour...(minus a quick interface test I did)

I cheated the instruction a bit and left the Plug for the Audio input so it bypasses the interface.I noticed they still have not corrected that level problem as I tested the new interface, so I stuck wiith the original audio input and used the interface for it's control...Nice option to have!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.