#1 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 04:12 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jun 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
tv tuner for comand/comand aps

I have the opportunity to buy a tv tuner for my comand at a very good price. The point is that the seller insists that his tv tuner (original Mercedes, part A 211 820 05 97) will fit any APS comand , but cannot guarantee that it may fit a "non APS" comand, as mine is. Any help from you guys would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 02:21 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Aragon
I have the opportunity to buy a tv tuner for my comand at a very good price. The point is that the seller insists that his tv tuner (original Mercedes, part A 211 820 05 97) will fit any APS comand , but cannot guarantee that it may fit a "non APS" comand, as mine is. Any help from you guys would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
... where shall I start...

* First of all, it is ALWAYS very useful to know what car we are talking about (model and year). AND we need to know where you are located, as there is a difference between Euro, US and Japanese spec!

* Secondly, I don't know that much about part numbers, so I can't tell you if you have the right one. But the part number indicates that it is a MOST based TV tuner... Thus can't be used in a car with D2B wiring (pre facelifted E, C, CLKs for instance)

* Third, if you have a Euro spec DVD comand in dash (for instance for a W211, W219, W220, all with MOST wiring), and the unit looks similar to the one in this link:

http://www.mbenznl.com/products/w211comand01.jpg

... you will ONLY be able to hook up a TV tuner if the comand unit comes with a TV connector at the back. And - just a FYI - not all units have this connector.

The back of the comand should look like the one in this link (the unit on the left):

http://www.mbenznl.com/products/w211comand04.jpg

* If you have an R171 SLK, the Euro DVD comand will NOT have a TV connector whatsoever. It will be possible to get a TV tuner installed, but then someone needs to 'trick' the head unit first.

* If you have a (facelifted) W203, W209, a W164 etc, you may be able to get this TV tuner connected...

The Euro DVD comand unit will look similar to the one in this link (scroll down):

http://www.mbenznl.com/products/w203comand.shtml

* US spec DVD comands can NOT get a TV tuner connected. Japanese spec units differ from US and Euro specs - and the info I wrote down is NOT meant for Japanese spec cars.

* I don't know if you are looking for TV / DVD while in motion, but in case you are:
- W211, W219, 2004+ W220, 2004+ W215 and R171 can all be versioncoded through Stardiagnose to get TV / DVD while in motion

- 2005+ W203 and W209, W164, A / B-classes can NOT be programmed for TV / DVD while in motion!!! There is an aftermarket device, though, that can enable this feature...

greetingz,

BigSis
#3 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 03:38 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

(Thread Starter)
Bigsis, thank you very much for your information.

Mi car in a MY 2003 400 CDI M Class (W163, diesel engine), european specs (I live in Spain). I am just in the process of retrofitting a comand unit into the car since it was ordered without it. The comand unit I am going to install is part A 210 820 48 49. It comes from a MY 99 european E-class and I understand that this will fit my car, since it has not a canbus. Of course, the unit it is not a DVD, but CD system. So, I wonder if the tv tuner would fit this comand unit. Maybe the answer is contained in your reply when you state that this is a MOST based tv tuner. Does this mean that it won't fit my comand? Thank you for your help.

Roman Aragon
#4 (permalink) Old 07-06-2006, 10:37 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

BigSis,
Can you provide me with some input. I would like to have the same features on my 2000 E430. I live in the US, Massachusetts to be exact. I am looking to be able to have a tv turner install and have the ability to play DVD movies in my
command Center..
please send me an email with your suggestions at..

Frankv5683@gmail.com

thanks

Frank
#5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 05:12 AM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Aragon
Bigsis, thank you very much for your information.

Mi car in a MY 2003 400 CDI M Class (W163, diesel engine), european specs (I live in Spain). I am just in the process of retrofitting a comand unit into the car since it was ordered without it. The comand unit I am going to install is part A 210 820 48 49. It comes from a MY 99 european E-class and I understand that this will fit my car, since it has not a canbus. Of course, the unit it is not a DVD, but CD system. So, I wonder if the tv tuner would fit this comand unit. Maybe the answer is contained in your reply when you state that this is a MOST based tv tuner. Does this mean that it won't fit my comand? Thank you for your help.

Roman Aragon
If you have a CD-rom based comand, you will need a D2B TV tuner... I don't have the exact part number, but it should start with A 220 xxx xx xx. Not with A 211...

greetingz,

BigSis
#6 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 05:22 AM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankv5683
BigSis,
Can you provide me with some input. I would like to have the same features on my 2000 E430. I live in the US, Massachusetts to be exact. I am looking to be able to have a tv turner install and have the ability to play DVD movies in my
command Center..
please send me an email with your suggestions at..

Frankv5683@gmail.com

thanks

Frank
Hi Frank,

It may be better to email us instead. You can either send me an email from this forum, or you can send an email to info@MBenzNL.com.

US spec comands can be used to connect an MB TV tuner to (which we don't have in stock, btw), but the TV tuner menu will be in German then... not in English. Or you can opt for an aftermarket video adapter and hook up a DVD player to it. Either way, you have to get your comand versioncoded through Stardiagnose so that it will work with these devices.

greetingz,

BigSis
#7 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 09:57 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2006
Hi,
I know this is an old post, but how do I get my 03 CL55 Stardiagnosed so I can play a DVD?

John
#8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 02:06 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Feb 2006
Vehicle: 2001-W210-CAPRI METALIC BLUE-/ 2002-W210 E300D
Big Sis;

I found a 2.0 command and bought it. I am about to install it in my 2001 e320. (I love this car and have decided to keep it until the end.) 1. it does not have the tv plug on the back, should I buy and install an aftermarket tv/dvd adapter now, and do they work. 2. will it plug and play without wiring modification?

Thanks
B
#9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 03:15 PM

Date registered: Oct 2004
Vehicle: 2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL "Christine"
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSis

* I don't know if you are looking for TV / DVD while in motion, but in case you are:
- W211, W219, 2004+ W220, 2004+ W215 and R171 can all be versioncoded through Stardiagnose to get TV / DVD while in motion

BigSis

Hi, BigSis - as usual, your info is just great! Am I correct in assuming that the TV/DVD in motion you mentioned above is available only for European specification COMANDs?

Warren

2005 S500 4-Matic
with Gateway 500 iPod integration

1978 450SL restoration project

Formerly: 2000 S500
with Ice>Link iPod integration
Moto V710 phone with MikBox
Upgraded Voice Control
#10 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 09:14 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: 2000 S500 Brabus
2000 S500

I just bought a head unit for my 2000 S500 a euro verion (TV) my original one dont have the TV button, I would like to know How do I get channels ,and if this unit comes with a built in Tv tuner ,tv antenna is needed? Can I plug in a external DVD? How can I watch DVDs? I will apreciate the help .Thanks.

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Technical Forums > Audio & Telematics Forum