Stuck CD in COMAND. Need help! - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Technical Forums > Audio & Telematics Forum
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2006, 11:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: May 2006
Stuck CD in COMAND. Need help!

I have a 2000 E55 with the "old" (CD not DVD) COMAND unit.

The NAV CD is now stuck in the COMAND unit and cannot be ejected. I replaced my NAV CD set in December and the CD worked fine until a couple of weeks ago.
Now the navigation function does not work and I am unable to eject the CD from the COMAND unit.

All other COMAND functions work fine (telephone interface works, trunk mounted CD player interfaces fine, radio works).

My service tech, who sounds like he's barely old enough to shave, and therefore does not have much experience with the "old" COMAND unit, is recommending that I get a new COMAND unit.

This is obviously undesirable due to the cost of the unit.

There has to be a better way. Does anyone know how to get a stuck NAV CD out of an old COMAND unit?

He also says that he is unable to get the COMAND unit out of the dash. Any help here would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Mike
mvanmeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2006, 03:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2004
Mike, you can try to get the nav.disc out by pushing the eject button and pushing the disc down with a credit card or something similar. Usually this works to eject a stuck disc.

As for the reason the nav.CD gets stuck in the comand's slot... I take it you use original discs, right? And you have the latest version? Could be that the finish used on these new discs is different (smoother, maybe) so that your comand is having difficulties getting the disc out.

greetingz,

BigSis
BigSis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2012
Vehicle: 2009 CLK350
BigSis - thanks for the help. I too had a stuck CD and was wondering how to remove. Your instructions worked perfect. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Traveler0980
Traveler0980 is offline   Reply With Quote

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Technical Forums > Audio & Telematics Forum