Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Making copies of Nav CD disks

3K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  mdotpoker 
#1 ·
Anyone been successful at making copies of the Nav CD's? I don't want to boot leg them, but I've only had mine for a short time and it's already getting pretty scratched up and I want to copy it and use the copy for daily use. I tried a straight copy, but got a fail message, so there is some sort of copy protection on them. I will try some other methods of copy, and report back if I'm successful too.

#12 ·
How is this done?

I have alcohol 120% but what write method do I use (Raw DAO, TAO etc?). What is the datatype of the cd nav disc. I assume it's safedisc 2/3/4 but do I need efm. If it is efm do I need to have the bypass efm error button checked?Do I need to set any extra emulation in the options menu? Is there anythin else I am missing? I have been basically wasting CDs this afternoon.

#7 ·
farsal, I just got Clone CD (ver. 5.2.9.1). I did a copy using the "copy protected PC game" mode. The copy process finished successfully, but the CD won't play in my car. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Maybe I should try "data CD" as the source? I'll experiment a little, next couple of days when I get a chance.

#11 ·
Hmm

I wish I would have known about the ability to copy these in the past...All of the nav disks from my 04 SL55 are scratched and non working except the California, Nevada, Hawaii disk (because i never use it).
If anyone gets bored and would like to copy me replacements, I will be more than happy to compensate them for their time...
Dealer replacements are way too overpriced so i have just been using my Garmin lately....

Thanks
Nick
NikleinR6@yahoo.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.