Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Show us your system!

246K views 149 replies 106 participants last post by  StevenGrant 
#1 ·
Post pictures of your audio, video, phone, stock system. Whatever you are proud of! With the pictures post the specs of the speakers,amp,headunit,screen size etc..

#3 ·
Alpine CDA-9813, JL w3v2, Phoenix Gold 350.2, Wired all with MosterCable (Power,Ground,Remote,RCA's), Custom Fiberglass box.

Attachments

#6 ·
Here is my carputer system pics. Specs for it are listed in my sig. I'll post updated pics with my new head unit soon.

#7 ·
TT,

I am kinda new to the whole iPod thing, I just bought one of the new video models. What exactly does the Alpine iPod adapter that you have installed provide you? Couldn't you have just connected it via an audio input connector on your Alpine deck? Just curious, I plan to connect mine to the ML via an audio input channel on my Rosen and in my 95 E class I plan to just use the tape adapter gizmo.

-ccorley

#8 ·
CC - The Alpine Adapter for the Ipod makes it so the Deck controls the ipod unit. And so the Deck displays the song that is being played.

#13 ·
Here's a few from my white coupe.. Don't have any good pics of the black set up yet, but I'll get them Soon:)

You can read more details/see more pictures on my site.

Jonathan

Attachments

#14 ·
I wanted to retain somewhat of a "stock" look to my 560SL, so I installed a Blaupunkt Travel Pilot with built-in navigation. Also, "chopped holes" in my rear deck to install BP speakers - big improvement! And last, a BP 10 disc CD changer.

A modern improvement with retro look!

Attachments

#15 ·
New Pics of my system for all to see. Hopefully there will be a sub of some kind after Christmas.

#16 ·
here is my system.

Pioneer AVIC X1R, with 4 loundspeaker Focal at the standar seize.

And at the rear seats i have a dvd player centurion connected at the AVIC system.

I prefere the centurion system because it is easy to install and uninstall and the day i selle the car, i dont have any trace from the DVD player at the rear seats.

PS can't attach any file[:(]

#19 ·
Thanks!

No, it did not.

i prefer that system because the day i sell my car, i can take all my audio and video system to put inside the other car.

And, i don't like to cut, make some damages or something else.

I don't regret to buy this system!
really!
you have all in one (GPS, DVD, CD, R/RW MP3)
I have the Ipod adaptator with a 60G one inside to.

About the GPS, it is fantastic and wath a precision! unbelivebul!

If you have the possibility to buy one, make it!

You'll never regret!

#20 ·
My dream system. Plan on installing one as soon as I can.

#23 ·
Here are some pics from our ex-Japan '04 350SLK

The COMMAND has DVD/CD and Minidisk installed. The DVD is used for the Nav DVD and the maps are 3D. They use the Kiwi format and have POI and trafic info via local FM transmitters. They are HTML based and work great on my PC. If anyone ever wants to know the location of a camp site in Japan, I'm your man.

We also have Linguatronic tho' again it's all in a quaint Japanese voice.

All very nice but completely useless in NZ. I almost feel like going to live in Japan and learning the lanuage just to take advantage of all the goodies.

But we don't care because it goes like a rocket and that's what counts.

By the way, with all this tech stuff, I guess that most MB drivers MUST be Trekies too.

Toot toot...
Stu

Attachments

#25 ·
not a critic, but a suggestion..
get the amps off the speakers and install somewhere more solid because all that vibration over time will/can loosen up internals which you will have to re-weld or change out amps.

it also shows a cleaner setup, install some rubber shims behind the mounting holes as a way of easing some rattling.

Install a strong spring on that gas cap, it looks cool now, you'll get tired of it.
maybe make all speakers same brand, looks preetier + that way they are all same specs.. noticed you got two amps, that's smart, hope you got a at least 1 farad capacitor, just to help the alternator (even if the alternator is doing fine)

keep the rattle going.. I love to make noise too !
I'll post soon, b/c I'm making a custom enclosure.
peace out!
cool setups everyone!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.