Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

After market hands free phone system

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  lapaz 
#1 ·
Phone experts, I am considering getting a brand new E320. I really would like to get the fully integrated hands free phone feature. However, I am not sure if I want to pay for $1500 for a Motorola V60 that I already have (and dislike very much). I have also seen some posting (thanks Frank!) that describe how to hook up phone to the car, but that seems way too complicated to me. (i am looking for a drop in installation like the old after market CD changers!)

One solution that stands out is the aftermarket bluetooth technology (MB does not offer it; but Accura already does and Lexus and BMW has it in their plan) one nice thing about blue tooth is i can leave the phone (in my pocket, or in gf's phone) not plugged in when i get into the car and it would just work.

anyone has experience with this? tips?

#4 ·
I'm going to install a Parrot CK3000 in my E320. Still in the planning stage as it's not an easy job, especially as I'm building a bespoke interface to the steering wheel buttons. Still building the CAN Bus analyser I need to work out which messages on the CAN relate to the steering wheel controls, so it will be about a month before I know whether it will work.

#5 ·
I use an Ericsson HBH65 (bluetooth) which sits on the ear - I easily forget it's there. Works great - people I talk with say they can't tell it's hands free. Works with voice commands no problem. Only reservation would be I use Sony Ericsson P800 phone and not Motorola (which I hate) so cannot comment on compatability,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.