BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Sep 2002
Vehicle: 99 E55 Wagon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Fully disable esp?
Is there anyone who knows how to fully disable the esp on the W210-models? Only pressing the esp button doesnt fully disable it. This is how its done in the W203 and this only works for the W203. Someone needs to figure out how to fully disable the ESP on a W210.
Fully disabling ESP for the W203
I don't know if anybody outside of the dealer is aware of this, but the traction control can be completely disabled simply by use of the steering wheel buttons. Here's the low-down-
1. To start, the key must be removed from the ignition.
2. Insert the key and turn to position 1.
3. Immediately press and hold the trip odometer reset button until the instrument cluster beeps. There is no visual message, only an audio beep. Be patient, this takes around 40 seconds.
4. Press the lower menu button (it looks like two sheets of paper, the one with the writing in the background behind the blank one)
5. Press the up arrow button.
6. Press the "+" sign to disable the Traction System (turn "ON" test mode)
7. Start the engine, the traction system is now disabled.
To return to normal, remove the key and restart the engine. The traction control warning should no longer be in the cluster. If it is, shut the engine off and remove the key again. Then insert the key and turn to position 1. Note that the DYNO test screen is displayed immediately. Push the "-" button to enable the traction system (turn "OFF" test mode)
NOTE: When you first turn the key to position 1, ESP DYNO Test screen pops up, then after 1-2 seconds it may disappear while faults are displayed. If you weren't fast enough in pressing the "-" button before codes were displayed, just wait until all codes cycle by, then the ESP DYNO Test screen will reappear.
No, this doesn't work for any car but the 203, before you ask... But does anyone know the procedure for the 210?