Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Finally up and running

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  tkv000 
#1 ·
been a long few months... 7k brake job, several other issues, and driving this beast @40mph for 250 miles on the highway, but finally hit my goal of getting the unimog out to Race Point on Cape Cod MA... very tip of the cape.

See less See more
#4 ·
Labor?

#9 ·
The brakes were a nightmare. First I am in for 2k in parts: pads, master cylinder, all break lines, wheel cylinders. Several of the lines needed fabrication. I initially brought it in to change the drum pads. That was 800 in labor. When apart they realized the cylinders were leaking. So I had to get that done. Once finished they took it for a test drive and did some hard stops. A brake line burst. From there they determined all lines needed to be replaced. After that they did a road test and the pedal was super soft. Bled the brakes 3xs and no luck. Come to find out the booster and master cylinder needed to be rebuilt... Anyway at 125 an hour not hard to hit 5k in labor. As for my max speed, I have a turbo in it so getting to 60 I can do, however at that point the radiator starts blowing off liquid

#11 · (Edited)
Figured they knew what they were doing, they have a fully restored 404 where they did all the work. Might not be rocket science but I initially went in just for changing out the pads. I recently purchased the mog, not claiming to be an expert in this world and I don't own a farm or have any exposure to tractors

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.