Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

I dont find this forum very helpful..?

1K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  dgosh28 
#1 ·

There is some information I require but I get zero feedback. A pity really.

#6 ·
After your post you had three replies in about two hours, but there is no follow up from you. Could that account for the lack of help? Also, I would assume that most of the members on this forum are in the U.S. and the time difference may play a part in slow responses. Also, this forum is not nearly as active as the 107 forum, but I have found everyone here to be quite pleasant and helpful, if they have a solution that the feel will help.
Maybe you can try being a bit more active on the forum yourself and see if that leads to getting more responses. We all start out with zero posts, but I think that at only 12 posts it is pretty hard to judge the value of the forum.

#8 ·

There is some information I require but I get zero feedback. A pity really.

Yes. It is a pity that you have not contributed more. :rolleyes: Keep trying. :)

Have you found any better sources of info for the w116 model? Have you posted in the w116 section of this forum? (Edit: nope.) Just curious. (Serious questions. Not an accusation.)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#11 · (Edited)
It's my preference that I wait for a handful of correct and well advised replies rather than a bunch of quick but useless replies like I find on other forums. People here tend not to speak up unless they are fairly certain the info they are giving you is correct, for obvious reasons. Further that, if you ask a question that has been covered time and time again many will simply not reply because that's why you use the search feature.

Otherwise, I disagree, this is one of probably the two best resources for MB info online and is populated by knowledgeable members, many of whom are indie or dealership mechanics or otherwise directly related to the MB company. I can't imagine what it would cost to pay for the kind of advice I have gotten here over the years if I was paying an hourly rate to a garage. By the way, I checked your posts and you have a minimum of 3 replies and as many as 9 so your derogatory opening statement is somewhat invalidated by the facts. Saying you don't find us useful is an opinion and you are allowed that of course, but saying "zero feedback" is inaccurate and perhaps said out of emotion rather than reality based.

I hope you find the help you need elsewhere that suits your standard.

#13 ·
It's my preference that I wait for a handful of correct and well advised replies rather than a bunch of quick but useless replies like I find on other forums. People here tend not to speak up unless they are fairly certain the info they are giving you is correct, for obvious reasons. Further that, if you ask a question that has been covered time and time again many will simply not reply because that's why you use the search feature.

Otherwise, I disagree, this is one of probably the two best resources for MB info online and is populated by knowledgeable members, many of whom are indie or dealership mechanics or otherwise directly related to the MB company. I can't imagine what it would cost to pay for the kind of advice I have gotten here over the years if I was paying an hourly rate to a garage. By the way, I checked your posts and you have a minimum of 3 replies and as many as 9 so your derogatory opening statement is somewhat invalidated by the facts. Saying you don't find is useful is an opinion and you are allowed that of course, but saying "zero feedback" is inaccurate and perhaps said out of emotion rather than reality based.

I hope you find the help you need elsewhere that suits your standard.
In my originally response I started to mention how long it would take to get a response on the MBCA site, but I decided not to mention it. :D

#16 ·
I'm new to this forum myself an have found it very friendly and helpful.
I have been a long term member in a forum for my Motorcycles and i find this forum to be just as informative and welcoming.
I have not seen the posts that were apparently not answered by the person concerned, but that happens sometimes. I find using the search feature for previous posts usually helps.
I would say to the original poster stick with it.
Before the advent of the net i can only imagine what a pain it would be to get the right advice on these and other classics. I for one am very grateful.
All the best John.

#17 ·
Before the net I remember going to Tower Records (they had a huge magazine section) and looking for the latest magazines on cars (yes on paper).

Either for collectors - all original restorations or for enthusiasts with wild modifications. And when you finished reading it you had to wait another month.

But finding parts is much easier (not particularly cheaper) on the web.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#18 ·
If the OP thinks this forum doesn't provide help, go to the bmw forum.

Bunch of pricks who bought (or someone else bought for them) 3 series bmw cars and think they own the ultimate car in the world.
No help just measuring who has better car.
Useless forum.

This one is NICE.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.