Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Members List
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld Elite

Visitor Messages

Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. AlanMcR
    10-22-2013 08:07 AM - permalink
    AlanMcR
    I haven't installed them personally. Besides, I've got a 1996, which has simple for the lights. I'm pretty sure you'll need to use the star system to tell the lighting computer that it should expect HID lights. On the mounting, I'd use stick on Velcro. that way you can remove and preposition the units. it also protects against vibration a little. No sure if you off road much, but washboard roads can be tough on electronics if not properly made.
  2. mikeruzek
    10-21-2013 10:34 AM - permalink
    mikeruzek
    Alan,

Thank you for responding to my question about the lights. Have you done this swap on your vehicle? If so, did you double stick tape the ballast to the interior cavity or just let everythign hang (whch I doubt you did). Also as for the STAR system, I doubt my local mechanic has ever done this, what is the specific request regarding the xenon that he needs to activate on the sytem?

Right now I am getting flickering/failure, feedback through my speakers, and it is setting off my laser radar sensors that I have in my grill. What a pain!

Thank you so much.

About Me

• About AlanMcR
    Vehicle
    96 G300DT
    Occupation
    Research Scientist
  • Signature
    ...Alan
    63 230SL
    96 G300DT
    98 E300DT