Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

"Brand New" year 2000 Mercs with less than 100km?!

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  PLanetNZ 
#1 ·
HI Guys

recently there has been a lot of "brand new" 2000 / 2001 model Mercs of all models coming up for sale here in New Zealand. These all have less than 1000km on each of them, apparently been stored "somewhere" possibly Singapore, does anyone have any further information?? Cheers

#9 ·
I never said they were coming from the same seller.
There are various sellers in different countries so its possible there is or was a paddock full of these things somewhere (country unknown) unsold and in storage for years,
I am only asking if someone in this forum knows anything about them?

They are selling for about $4000 US each

#10 ·
Heres the VIN of one of them:
VEHICLE TYPE: Car
MODEL NAME: C 240
ENGINE: 112912 30 860156
TRANSMISSION: 722696 02 465834
FRONT AXLE: BE4410Y1045993
ORDER NUMBER: 0053769808
LIGHTS: BOSCH
INTERIOR COLOR: 204A
PAINTS: 567

RETARDER: 8 001004
DELIVERY DATE: 04/10/00

#12 · (Edited)
yes one or two!.., the only thing is that ive actually driven one of them..., the only problem being is we here (NZ) cant register them for the road because the emissions dont comply (and a couple of them are LHD) otherwise there would be one up my drive now!
The only real issue i have is what all the rubber / plastic bits like including water pumps etc, m ind you i have a W220 so im used to fixing these bloody things!
Im just trying to find out what the story is with them, everyones keeping very quite!

#14 ·
I have a photo of some of these cars in a warehouse but there are all sorts of different models so leading me to think this is a private outfit, its more frustrating that these are only now being used as parts!
There was a company in Italy I used to deal with a few years ago that brought up all the old Mercedes parts and unsold stock but it was mainly heavy trucks and buses that occasionally came up with similar deals including once the had 80 brand new buses still in crates and original rolling chassis that were over 30 years old!

#15 ·
I could understand buses being Army surplus, but bigger number of slightly used Mercedes sure makes you wonder.
In the past I have seen 10 years old ML55 AMG with similar low mileage, but that was clear someone bought and kept dry- hoping it will become collector car like gulwings.
It did not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.