Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FS: 1991 560 SEC - Seattle area

4K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  SaleenS7 
#1 ·
For sale is a wonderful survivor 1991 560 SEC. White exterior/cream beige interior. All stock with exceptions of suede headliner, aftermarket stereo, BBS wheels. A very well sorted out original car. 124k original miles. Was a Star Mark car. Originally from CA then brought to PNW. Asking $8900

recent service/upgrades:
New MB suede headliner - sunroof serviced
SLS completely gone thru and corrected
C&M steering box install
idle control relay replaced
new plugs
new windshield
new factory floor mats
new BBS RS 3 piece wheels - brand new - old stock ET11 new! not refinished
new stereo install - Boston Acoustic 2 way components X4, Sony am/fm/cd head unit, Jensen 900 watt sub amp - custom sub install on rear deck.
Audiophile accuracy, not a thump-er, great sound!

This car is for a collector or enthusiast.
While I was taking these photos today at a local park, 4 people stopped to ask me about the car, 2 were driving Mercedes.

No stories, no accidents, no mysteries with this car. Photos speak for themselves. The AC is the only issue I have not addressed. Original R-12 system (all there). Has rare rear sunscreen, motor runs but screen doesn't move. I have invested enough time and money into this car. Time to pass it on. Car runs, handles, stops as a 20k mile SEC.

Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. Mike 206-349-9630
direct email : summerm1@msn.com

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
More photos

More photos

Attachments

#3 ·
More photos

more photos

Attachments

#9 ·
Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!! I will pass this along to some friends that I know are looking.

Mike

#14 ·
I had a couple requests about an engine photo. Here it is.

Attachments

#16 ·
The antenna goes all the way down 80% of the time. I have located the correct spare which I can install prior to delivery. The AC is all there, the PO said it got cold last summer. I have not had my indie diagnose the system. His initial opinion was that all the inside controls, vents, blowers etc. were operating as they should and that he would replace the drier and re charge the system. In the PNW A/C is rarely used, but I do recognize that most other regions it is a must.

#17 ·
It could be working just fine. Does the defroster function? Typically the A/C unit is used as a dehumidifier to remove the moisture from the air even tho the Defrost vents are pushing out hot air. If that works the A/C unit is probably just fine.

I'm quite interested in the vehicle myself but have a couple of questions

1 Are there photo's available of the undercarriage you could post? I'd like to see the undercarriage (exhaust, drive train etc).
2. Can the rear shade be extended manually or is it locked in place? It's an easy fix but if it's already floating that means the gears are stripped (kinda sounds like it).
3. Has the car had the 100k service to replace the plastic timing chain tabs? This can be a big deal since if they fail the engine can be roached. Something else that's a pretty easy fix.
4. If I were to fly up there to check the car out if I paid the expense for a PPI could this be done at one of the MB dealerships? If I don't purchase the car, I'd let you keep the results of the report for your reference.

The photo's are showing what looks like to be a really nice 560sec. It does not have the coveted traction control but with the mileage, that's an acceptable trade-off.

#18 ·
I have a contact at the local MB dealer that should be able to run the history on this car. From what I know, all the services were performed at the MB dealerships here in the Seattle area. I should have something on this by Tuesday of this week. Anyone is welcome to have a PPI done on this car. I spoke with my indie today (btw: he worked at the local dealership for 15+ years and serviced these cars when they were young) and he said if I can come up with some R12 that he would get the A/C sorted out and would defer my bill if I had a committed buyer for the car. Every function on the HVAC works the same as my 89 SEC except the compressor clutch doesn't engage as though the coolant pressure is low. That pressure can be tested with the correct fittings which I do not have in my tool box. The undercarriage photos could be had but I feel confident that when my indie went thru the car and did the steering box and SLS sorting that he would have mentioned anything abnormal that he noticed. I have been thru 20++ Mercedes in the last 15 years, and believe me, my indie always lets me know if the car is a "keeper" or not to spend any more money on this "one", and I have always followed his advise. The car passed WA state emissions with flying colors just a few months ago. I know about every inch of this car. Too much to type, so please any serious buyers should speak with me on the phone as I speak a lot better than I type. Thanks to all for your support. Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.