Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

W108 European Headlight Question

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  RARE_EG2 
#1 · (Edited)
#4 ·
I'm not sure what you mean with city lights, European lights have parking lights, low beam and high beam.

If you pull on the light switch to the first stop, it should turn on the front fogs. Sometimes the front fogs only work with parking lights and if the low of high beams are on, they are turned off when you pull the switch to turn the front fogs on. That will depend on the wiring (some countries didn't allow front fogs together with low or high beams).

The second stop of the light switch is for the rear fog light, if installed. US models mostly don't have the rear fog light. US models usually don't have the wiring too.

#6 ·
this one of my W108's came from Jamaica(hence the RHD)..
I'm curious about what headlights came with the car. I assume that headlights for RHD countries have the opposite beam pattern than headlights for LHD countries. (Well, I know that to be true). So in your case you have a RHD car with Euro LHD headlights in them, correct? Did the car come with stacked round H4/H1 RHD headlights? Or with US sealed beams....

#8 ·
yeah, im not too worried about the beam pattern. i have another hobby car with Japanese headlights and the car is LHD and i can see and drive fine at night.
The beam pattern isn't primarily for you. It's for the on-coming traffic. Nice pictures of the car! So where did you get the euro lights, and are the lenses for LHD or RHD? I don't think any other parts are relevant except the lenses...

More pics of the car please! Very nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.