Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

gravy being made by the engine breather

721 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Govert70227 
#1 ·
I went to clean out the air cleaner and decided to take off the condensation pot that sits under where the breather attaches to the air cleaner. I found the most delicious LOOKING turkey gravy I have ever seen. I know gasses should condense in that little cup but viscous gravy? It did not smell of gas. Any one have any idea if this is normal or a bad omen?

#3 ·
It sounds like you have a bad head gasket. Check your dipstick for the same type of "gravy".

It may be a slight leak. It's possible that you just aren't driving the car enough to evaporate the condensation in the crankcase.

#4 ·
Engine oil is clean. The car sat for a long time in SD ten I got it and drove directly to Idaho, 20 hours. Oil was changed before I made the trip. The connectors for the breather were terribly cracked so I replaced them when I got home. Then I was driving it daily and messing with the carb almost every night. So it was getting ventilated. I have not checked if there is more after this week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.