Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FS: 16x8 lorinser wheels

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Fonzi 
#1 ·
I have 16x8 lorinsers that I've had for the last couple years. I was gonna run them on my cabby but the offset is too low so I can't use them

Wheels are located in Dover NJ

WILL DRIVE UP TO 50 MILES TO DELIVER

Tires are BRAND NEW Dunlop pros tire size is 205/45/16.
ET on the wheels is 23 and they have been repainted white because the chrome is pretty beat up.

You can get in touch with me at 9733499592

Looking for 600 for the rims and tires

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

See less See more
#5 ·
Noted! Contacted. Locked up. I'll be able to use the tires on the BBS RS. However, with the 205 width, I am afraid these wheels are going to be:

LO1670523 or
LO1675523

Not what I am seeking: LO16801622

I will find out. I might need a 560sl car to test these on if they are not LO16801622.

Anyone have one near Dover, NJ ?

#8 ·
I would be glad to pass-the-torch on Lorinser LO wheels.

It will be interesting to determine if 7" et23 will fit a 560sl. Since folks would most likely be matching these up with 8" or 9" rears, I suspect that 8x16 et22 are the really desirable ones knowing that they for a 560sl and are an ideal match for 9" rears. However, if these 7" fit a 560sl, then they are an ideal match for 8x16 et11 rears, which are so much more common.

I am excited to find out what model these are and if they will fit a 560sl.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

#10 ·
So we have confirmed that these wheels have chrome with a rough finish under the paint.

The seller has also measured the back of the wheels which seem to be very similar to the 8x16 et11 that will not fit over the front calipers of a gen2 / 560sl. These are 7x16 et23 wheels LO7016523 .

The tires are too small for any MB applications I am aware of. So I am working with the seller to try and find someone who wants these for a car other than a 560sl.

#12 ·
I have sent a pm to bandit.

I know of a guy with a set of 8x16 et11 (bigger lips and will fit gen1 107s on all four corners and fill arches better) in Baltimore that will be selling in the future (when I find a second 8x16 et22 for him). Those wheels would be more desirable for 107 owners than these because they are 1-chromed and 2-a narrower stance. They would not come with tires, but the price will probably not be a whole lot higher when he is finally ready to sell.

If these 7" only had a little more space in the back, they could possibly be run on a 560sl without poking out too much. The problem is that they seem like they would need 3/4-1" spacers to make the (supposed) 1.5" of clearance for the gen2 calipers. That would push the outer edge out to a point where 225/50/16 tires would likely rub the air dam / front spoiler, being about 1/4-1/2" out too far and too far forward when the wheel is turned in. (Remember Nobby's picture of 225/50/16 on 8x16 et11.) So if someone is interested in trying slightly smaller tires or stretched tires these might work on a gen2 with spacers (maybe just 20mm which I have seen on ebay for only about $40). Of course when running these 7" wheels with spacers to close to et0, the backspace will be too small and you will likely get negative camber and wear out the inside of the tires faster than normal. Beefier spring or "spring helpers" might stop that too.

This is ALL theoretical since I have neither these wheels or a gen2 107.

These wheels might be very desirable to w123 guys who should not run 8x16 et11 on the front because they poke too much. These wheels are a perfect fit for the front of a w123.

These wheels push the limits of poke for a w124. Some folks say 7x16 et24 can cause rubbing, but maybe with these smaller tires they would be ideal.

If these were the only LOs out there, I might still buy them, but knowing of a set in Baltimore that is more suited for my 107 brethren, these would have to come at a steal.

Perhaps w123 or w124 guys will jump on these knowing both the wheel and tire size is better suited for them.

Caliper space should be good for both if them too I think.

Or even a 107 guy who doesn't mind small tires, not full arches, or playing with spacers on a gen2 will want these.

I am open to helping a forum member pick these up and strip the tires if desired. I won't ship them with the tires on, not without someone paying me for my services anyway.

#13 · (Edited)
Surprise surprise. It looks like I am picking these up Tuesday even though I have no idea when I am getting rid of them. Here is my inventory of EXTRA wheels
- 18 bbs rs of various 16" w/ 1, 1.5 & 2" lips
- 4 bbs ra 7x16 et23
- 1 8x16 et22 lorinser LO
- now add these four 7x16 et23 LOs

I think that is all I have. Of course I have:
- 14" steelies on the 73 (w
- Fondmetal wheels on the 78 (and bundt spare)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.