Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

WTB: W123 parts (Euro interior)

4K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  JoshW123 
#1 ·
I'm looking for model year 1983 blue cloth upholstery, interior code 052, in good used condition from a passenger seat. Uniform fading is OK, and in fact desirable so that it matches the rest of the car. I just need the cover from the seat bottom, but need both the cover and the padding from the back.

I need some plastic screw covers for under the blue dash.

I'd also like a good used rear engine support - the lowermost large steel bracket, not the rubber part, P/N 1232422801. (Fits 1983 300TD N/A).

See less See more
#2 ·
Your chances of finding this upholstery are about nil. Should consider blue mbtex which may be equally hard to find.

#4 ·
I know where to get this complete interior in good condition at a local scrapyard. It's not the cheapest scrapyard though, so please let me know by PM what you'd be willing to pay, and I'll try to negotiate with the yard next time I go there. They'd probably want around $200 for all the seat skins...

#5 ·
He knows where to find all the good stuff that can't be found.

#9 · (Edited)
If your interested, I'm pretty sure Larry at GR Auto Care in Spring, Texas has a complete W123 interior available for sale in Blue, in like new condition including seats, dash, door panels, carpeting, etc, etc.....if you are, or just want to inquire then "google" GR AUTO CARE, Spring, Texas, get their number, call and ask for Larry.

Pretty sure he won't be interested in parting out - wants to sell the entire set-up but may be worth the price of a call.

FYI; he does all my work and mentioned to me a few weeks back (when we were discussing my upcoming upholstery job) that he had this set-up.

#10 ·
My buddy has a complete seat in same blue pattern. Faded a little bit in California sun. I called him after seeing this ad. He says $175 for complete seat plus shipping. For what I know on shipping. Greyhound would probably be around 65 bucks. It's an option and hard seat to come by. It may be a passenger seat but if I remember it's the same. Correct me if I am wrong. He also said he would have to look in his barn at condition one more time. Last time he was out there it was in good/great shape.

#11 ·
Yes, the bottom seat frame is identical right and left, and the back padding and covers are the same. Only the location of the adjustment knob on the back is mirrored. I'm definitely interested in your friend's seat - PM me with the pertinent info, and maybe some pictures if it's not too much trouble. Also it might be cheaper to ship if he's willing to take the seat apart and send only the covers and padding. Barring that, removing the tracks on the bottom will also reduce weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.