Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Headlight Adjustment

32K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Eagleone 
#1 ·
Ok i got this new projector headlights and im having some questions:
1. How to adjust my headlight? its way down and i cant figure it out how to adjust it?
2. My new projector headlights are from SPYDER and i wonder, if i put 110W halogen lamps, is it gonna heat up too much and melt my projector lens plastics? or is it ok?

Please anyone share your experience and opinions tnx!!!

#3 · (Edited)
There should be 2 some sort of plastic screws for each light. One adjusts the light horizontally, and one adjusts vertically. Since you do not have the machine to adjust the headlights, use the following method:

When dark, Park the car 1 and 1/2 length of the car away form a wall. Draw a line on the wall (or assign) a line equal to top of the bumper of the car on the wall (that is your reference point).

Then turn the screws on the headlight, "Low beam" should be equal to hight of the line on the wall or a little lower. High beam should be abit above the line. High beam and low beam are different in shape, low beam is like a line with the tail going up wards on only one side, high beam is more like a ball shape. That will give you semi adjusted head lights. Remember that you must adjust the low beams first, then the high beams.

Regarding your bulb question, do not put stronger or different light bulbs than what is recommended. Lights are manufactured specifically to a certain bulb type.

Good luck.

#8 · (Edited)
As Mr. renault mentioned, other than being illegal, more watts is more heat and trust me you will not like the final results. :D When is stronger, you blind the incoming drivers, possible melting your lenses and also too strong beams reflects from the signs on the high way and you can not read the signs. I have this problem with my car they way it is on high beam even though they are not stronger than specifications. Just imagine twice as stronger ...

#5 ·
Thank you very much, guys!!
Eagleone, great advice! Cant wait to do it, its very clear and understandable.. but.. I cant find those plastic screws.. sorry.. if u dont mind can you please tell me where it is? on the right side or left? and mine is facelift one, so do i need to remove the bumper? and thank you guys again! i cant imagine how much this forum helps others..

#6 · (Edited)
You are very welcome. I found this link by google it ... it shows the locations of the screws on an OEM unit. You get the message of what you are looking for. Use my description but the locations of the screws should be almost the same on aftermarket unit.

Note: When you adjust your low beam, your high beam should be automatically adjusted on the same light. Reason that you check also the high beam, its just to make sure you have the "middle ground" position for both high beam and low beam. See the link...

Hi beam adjustment possible on W210 - PeachParts Mercedes ShopForum

You do not need to remove the bumper for adjustments. But for erplacing the headlights with new one, (I am not sure). See stickies, I have seen something there....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.