Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Need FUSE CHART PLEASE!!!

48K views 28 replies 8 participants last post by  Noodles 
#1 ·
Hello,
Newbie here. I've search in the forum but came up empty :(:(:(.

Anyone out there with a 98 ML 320 please post a picture or chart of your fuse box cover. My cover was missing when I got the car and have not been able to locate a fuse chart anywhere online.

Thanks in advance.

John

#2 ·
There are many variants. Order cover or label from your local MB dealer using your VIN number.

If you need help update your user profile with vehicle and location info.

What's not working?

#8 · (Edited)
Oh...My other MB vehicles are a 2011 Sprinter 170" wheelbase diesel passenger van blue & 2010 SLK black. Other non MB vehicles, 2000 Corvette convertible (orig. owner with 8k miles on odometer), 2008 Cadillac DTS (daily driver), 2004 Dodge Ram quad cab 2500 Diesel (for home depot runs). Don't know how to update my profile yet.

On the ML, the ETS light and SRS lights are on. Also, the radio stays on all the time, even after ignition shut off. She has to remember to manually turn radio off or it will stay on for days at a time ( she found this out after a few dead battery mornings). There is also an occasional loud clicking noise from behind the center dash area.

Between yesterday and today I replaced 2 oxygen sensors (check engine light is now off), replaced a broken rear spring/strut assembly, replaced both front ball joints, jerry rigged a broken window regulator, fixed an A/C refrigerant leak, replaced both rusted out horns, replaced the malfunctioning column switch, and replaced a mangled driveshaft support bearing. So tomorrow, I had hoped to tackle the ETS light, SRS light and the persistent radio, but I needed the fuse chart to begin to diagnose the problem.

#6 · (Edited)
Why does that matter? talk about being judgmental.

I know I can order a cover from the dealer...but not on a Sat. night.
I just need it to check out a few things that are not working.

thanks Mike, you are correct. I had already found that chart for a 2002, but that chart does not coincide with mine. That's why I wanted to check here and see if a member, other than myself, also owned a 1998. My daughter is going back to college Sunday night (it's her car now and she's only here on an occasional weekend) so I only have until tomorrow to sort things out for her. I just don't know why I have to explain myself when asking for something so simple.

thanks for rolling out the welcome mat, guys. (sarcastic)

#14 ·
Thank you, I will do that tonight. I have a analog volt meter, don't really know how to use it, do you suggest I get an inexpensive digital volt meter (the $12 kind) or is a special test light different and more of what I need for this test.

I now realize you are in NYC, I come to the Bronx often so perhaps we can part our ML320 together sometime and compare notes.

#24 ·
rabbit, in your original post you clearly stated that your radio remains on with the key out of the ignition and you asked the original poster how he resolved his issue. To me that means that the radio remains on.

Now in your last post you say that the radio does turn off with the key out of the ignition. But then you say that you can turn on the radio by pushing the button and the radio will turn on. Well that is how it is designed to work. Why would you turn on the radio by pushing the on button and then leave the radio playing to run down your battery. If you pushed the button again the radio would turn off.

Honestly, I cannot figure out what your problem is and how your are conveying that problem.

Attachments

#25 ·
The problem is the radio should never be able to be turned on without the key in the ignition. If you go to any car without a key in hand and sit in the drivers seat and try to turn the radio on younshould not be able to. So the screen and sound does turn off when you turn the key off but it seems that there is some type of power available to the unit upon demand at anytime 24/7 should one want to see the display and heat sound just push the button. The radio should not even have the ability to play with out a key present.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.