Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Cracked From Rim on C230 Sport

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  lkchris 
#1 · (Edited)
Cracked Front Rim on C230 Sport

I have an 07 C230 Sport and about 6 months ago I got a flat on the front right tire. I got it aired up and went to a tire shop thinking I had picked up a nail....to my surprise and dismay, they found the inside aspect of the rim near the bolts has a crack. They 'patched' it with some rim glue and got me on my way. It leaks down about 5 psi a day. I've delayed getting a new wheels because of the OEM cost. My question is since all the rims are at 100k miles, would I be better off just replacing all 4 with a less expensive rim and selling the other 3 in hopes that 1. they are stronger and 2. the others might be near stress failure? Any insite would be great and anyone that has found rims that are as nice looking as these in an aftermarket, the link would be appreciated.

Gus

#2 ·
I wouldn't be driving on a cracked rim, especially if you use highways. It can break, causing you to loose control and endanger lives.

The OEM rims are usually better than aftermarket, so I'd suggest just getting an OEM one.

Try looking for one on ebay or your local junkyard.

#3 ·
Unless you pay more for an aftermarket rim than an OE rim costs, you WILL NOT get better quality.

There's no such thing as "near stress failure." Your rim was broken by the event, and not because of any age factor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.