Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Profile: Kajtek1

BenzWorld Elite

Visitor Messages

Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7
  1. mercedesgullwing
    09-24-2014 07:24 PM - permalink
    mercedesgullwing
    Dear Kajtek,

I know the timing chain guides are made of plastic but do we have to change them at certain miles?

My dad tells me that timing chains last forever and dont' mess with them if its not broken. I am still doubtful that metal rubbing on plastic for so many years still holds up? wondering do they make metal guides? but I am assuming that would increase the friction.

My mother's jaguar s type I belive I have to replace the guides due to known problem of cracking due to plastic components but was wondering about E320s if they need this service.
  2. pww3
    08-19-2014 03:43 PM - permalink
    pww3
    czesc, pisze z Polski iz zauwazylem ze masz orientacje w Mercedesach z USA z teleaid,

mam pytanie czy orientujesz sie moze czy da rade zamontowac telefon w Mercedes R230 z 2005 roku ktory ma 359 TELEAID USA ale w podlokietniku nie ma uchwytu do telefonu natomiast po zdjeciu pokrywy widac kable do podlaczenia uchwytu...

podlaczylem uchwyt z Nokia ale niestety dalej wyswietla telephone not available

orientujesz sie czy trzeba dokupic jeszcze sterownik telefonu czy tylko doprogramowac przez SD ?

z gory dzieki za odpowiedz

pozd.
    Piotr
  3. blackbluetec
    05-19-2014 07:20 PM - permalink
    blackbluetec
    I could use a little help with a turbo problem if you wouldnt mind. I will give the short version instead of rambling on. I have an 09 GL bluetec that i did the oil cooler job on saturday. Triple checked all connections/hoses. On my 50 mile ride home from doing this...no turbo boost..let the truck sit sunday out of pure frustration. This morning on my commute back to work I had a normal working truck with turbo but I had a check engine light. Turns out the code was P0471 exhaust pressure sensor. Cleared it and all was well. Drove home and lost boost about halfway into my commute...turned truck off and restarted and everything was normal. Check engine light back on and its the same code. I installed a new servo motor for the flaps on the manifold and an upgraded bleeder valve. Other than that just new gaskets etc. Any ideas? Trans also downshifts funny when the no boost is present. Prior to this it ran flawless
  4. greg404
    05-06-2014 08:23 PM - permalink
    greg404
    Dzien dobry.
    Przeszukujac to forum widze ze jest pan jednym z tych ktorzy, sie bardziej orientuja w temacie w210 diesel. Jezeli moglby mi pan pomoc bylbym bardzo wdzieczny. Jestem szczesliwym posiadaczem 99 e300 td w ktorym cieknie diesel. Kapie z shut off valve. Wymienilem wszystkie line a takze shut off valve oring (2 razy) a problem dalej istnieje. Dziwne jest to ze zaczyna cieknac kiedy silnik nie chodzi przez dluzszy czas (przez noc) Kiedy rano przejade 5 mil przestaje cieknac. Czy jezeli bylby to zly oring Na shut off valve nie cieklo by rowniez wtedy kiedy silnik dziala? Shut off valve cieknie? Czy mozna to jakos sprawdzic. Z gory serdecznie dziekuje.
    Grzesiek
  5. Robert777
    09-17-2010 01:40 PM - permalink
    Robert777
    Kajtek,

You seem to know a bit about the mid to late nineties diesels.I currently own an '87' 300TD and am considering upgrading to a newer diesel.I'm primarily interested in higher MPG and a larger fuel tank to get me longer range.I considered going the TDI route but they seem too flimsy.
    I currently get about 30MPG doing 60-65 and have about an 18 gal. tank.I'd like to get 35+ MPG and although I like the power of the turbo, MPG is more important for me.I currently have an Elsbett kit on my car to run the car on clean veggie oil and would plan to do the same on my next car.I've heard about some of these mid-nineties cars having a 23+ gallon tank.
    Priorities:
    -Reliability
    -Build quality
    -High MPG
    -Large fuel tank

Thank you,
    Robert
    707-526-3662
  6. candhdyas
    07-12-2010 08:30 AM - permalink
    candhdyas
    Thanks again Kajlek1, the connector on top of the Duo valve was loose and had vibrated off so the coils were not being energised. All ok now and I have saved a lot of cash.
    Thats the power of the forum.
    Hugh
  7. Healy
    06-28-2010 05:33 AM - permalink
    Healy
    Where to obtain 99 cent dipstick measurement?

About Me

• About Kajtek1
    Vehicle
    W210 E300DT x2/w211wagon4M / Ford SD. Seeking diesel pushmower
    Biography
    Polish emigrant enjoying California
    Occupation
    self employed
  • Signature

Statistics

Total Posts
Visitor Messages
General Information
  • Last Activity: Yesterday 10:19 PM
  • Date registered: 12-06-2005
  • Referrals: 3

Friends

Showing Friends 1 to 10 of 10
  • brandon671
  • Check Codes
  • FAR888
  • iluvjesus
  • johnyon123
  • kurtismayfield
  • polishmatt1990
  • Skid Row Joe
  • tomaszmalesza
  • Whatodo

Mentions

No results to display...

Thread Tags

No results to display...

Quotes

10-20-2014
09:41 PM - cdvyas quoted Kajtek1 in post What oil is the best?
This is the answer to questi...
03:53 PM - cdvyas quoted Kajtek1 in post What oil is the best?
Used fuel is the best compar...
03:26 PM - Figuero quoted Kajtek1 in post What oil is the best?
I did in F450 was close to 1...
03:12 PM - Kajtek1 quoted tjts1 in post What oil is the best?
2 Blackstone tests so far ...
11:43 AM - tjts1 quoted Kajtek1 in post What oil is the best?
you will not go wrong if you...
08:20 AM - thellamattina quoted Kajtek1 in post 2001 W210 4Matic Transmission Problems
Dipstick tube is for filling...
08:11 AM - thellamattina quoted Kajtek1 in post 2001 W210 4Matic Transmission Problems
Your car has no converter pl...
06:26 AM - hamada128 quoted Kajtek1 in post What oil is the best?
It looks to me somebody was ...
10-19-2014
05:02 PM - Chelsea Georgia quoted Kajtek1 in post SBC replace problem In mercedes Center Georgia (tbilisi)
As mentioned, Mercedes has d...
01:28 PM - Cloudsurfer quoted Kajtek1 in post W210 E300 SpeedTuningUSA flash problems
If you do get SD, let us kno...
01:12 PM - Kajtek1 quoted Cloudsurfer in post W210 E300 SpeedTuningUSA flash problems
Well, I think I'm going to wind ...
01:07 PM - cdvyas quoted Kajtek1 in post Headlight question...
Those cars have several idio...
12:44 PM - Cloudsurfer quoted Kajtek1 in post W210 E300 SpeedTuningUSA flash problems
The ignition/alarm systems a...
08:45 AM - Kajtek1 quoted BondoBob in post SBC pump problem explained
Kajtek1, thanks for the link....
10-17-2014
07:17 PM - lupoelsker quoted Kajtek1 in post What oil is the best?
About gazillion opinions on ...
07:05 PM - Kajtek1 quoted lupoelsker in post What oil is the best?
OP. What oil is best.??? About...
12:58 AM - EMatic430 quoted Kajtek1 in post 2001 W210 4Matic Transmission Problems
Buying parts on ebay brings ...
10-16-2014
07:18 PM - Josh8loop quoted Kajtek1 in post Hello, New Owner, 2005 E320 CDI, 80k Miles, Huntsville, TX
filter minder | eBay I used...
10-15-2014
11:39 PM - raymond- quoted Kajtek1 in post Vin decoder
Greg do you have a t...
10-14-2014
08:20 AM - e-420 quoted Kajtek1 in post Key Fob no longer works.
You have to realize that key...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome