Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

All power windows won't go up (98 E320)

12K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  astrocramp 
#1 ·
Hello All-

In my 98 E320 I recently had my sunroof repaired (cable assembly had to be replaced) and my driver side power seat switch replaced.

I drove the car for a day, let it sit for a week or so, and now come to find that all four power windows go down, but won't go up. Also, the automatic mode where the windows go all the way down when you press the window switch did not work, which was my first clue something was wrong. Maybe a wire is crossed or not grounded. I can't drive the car with the windows down (well, at least I shouldn't park it somewhere), so I'm looking for some urgent help.

Can anybody give me a hint on where to look for the problem? Any wiring diagrams would be helpful if somebody has a source.

Thanks!!

#2 ·
Update - auto-up/auto-down feature does not work

After some troubleshooting, I discovered that the auto-up and auto-down feature of my power windows does not work.

If the any of the 4 power window switches is depressed all the way, the windows do not go up. If the switch is depressed part way and I hold it at the halfway point, the windows will go up.

Anybody have any experience with this or can somebody point me to some wiring diagrams?

Thanks!!

#3 ·
Sounds like the windows lost synchronization. To correct try closing each window manually ...

Sounds like the windows lost synchronization. To correct try closing each window manually with the switch and when fully closed hold the switch in the up position for several seconds. This could correct the problem

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.