Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FS: Benz-O-Rama pristine 2005 SL600 V12 Twin Turbo - with lots of upgrades and extras

5K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Benz-O-Rama 
#1 · (Edited)
Those here on the East Coast that have met me and have seen this car in person, as well as my other cars, will tell you that you won't find a more meticulous owner. This car has been my love affair, my passion, my dream car. But with two young sons, and the very real possibility that we're losing our long time live-in nanny, a two seat vehicle seems to be the odd car out. My E500 is most likely next to go, with an S600 or S65 taking the place of both.

It's with great pain that my SL600 is possibly going to another owner but sometimes you gotta do, what you gotta do. The wife and I have discussed this at length, and we've decided that it's time for her to leave the work force and focus on raising our family. Why the hell she wants the job of raising two young boys is beyond me, but god bless her. :D

Specifics:

2005 SL600 V12 Twin Turbo
Black with Executive black nappa interior
Multi-Contour seats with pulse massager
Leather on virtually every surface
Wood/leather steering wheel
Rare 321 AMG package
27,000 miles on her, with a warranty until 10/2013 or 82,000 miles
Keyless-Go
VCS Voice control
Heated/Ventilated seats
Bi-Xenon headlamps
Bluetooth

Mods:
Eurocharged ECU tune (estimated 600+ HP and 700+ TQ)
20" Savini Forged SV-8 3pc forged wheels wrapped in 245/30 and 305/25 Continental SportContact3 tires with tons of life left on them.
SL65 AMG tail lights
SL63 style carbon fiber spoiler (not pictured)
SmartTop control module
K40 stealth (built-in) front/rear radar detection system
Lowered via Star Diagnostic
Muffler delete (I can have them put back on, if the new owner wishes)

Extras:
OEM Bluetooth puck
OEM Windscreen
OEM Car Cover
OEM Built-in battery tender

I have the stock wheels wrapped in Continental ContiExtreme DWS tires. These tires have maybe 3K miles on them.

Guys, the car is a zero story, zero drama, low mileage, clean, gorgeous SL600 that has a WARRANTY. These don't come up for sale often, and I challenge you to find a cleaner one currently on the market. I recently had Blackstone Laboratories conduct an engine oil analysis on her, and results were stellar. I have the report, if interested. All scheduled maintenance performed and all paperwork will be included.

I will work as much as humanly possible with the new owner in regards to airport pickup, shipping, etc...

The car can be sold at two different price points:

Price #1 - $49,900.00 - with everything listed above

Price #2 - $47,000.00 - without the Savini Forged wheels and SL65 tail lights. The wheels list at $5000.00 with another 1300.00 in rubber. Granted, I didn't pay MSRP for the wheels, but they were every bit of $4300.00 with rubber. Tail lights were another $600-$700 or so, can't remember exactly.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me and I'll give you my cell phone number. I can take as many pictures as you want, or of anything in particular you're looking for.

Also, please don't clutter the thread with auction pricing, wholesale costs etc...

This car will not be wholesaled. I will be listing it on the major retail outlets within the next week or so. Thought I'd give the membership here first crack at her.

Now on to the pictures. **NOTE** The front lenses and fog lights are no longer tinted. I didn't really like the way it looked.

See less See more
#4 ·
Unfortunately, it's not a one owner car, as I purchased it used last year. But, I'm confident it's going to be the best example of a 2005 SL600, currently for sale in the entire country. There's only 7 in the whole country for sale right now, not to mention mine has a warranty with a WHOLE LOT OF life left in it.

If you're in NOVA, we can meet up and do some donuts in it, if you want. 700+ lb-ft of torque can be quite intoxicating.

#5 ·
To donut or not

I can't help but think that any potential buyer would be turned off by an offer to "do some donuts" in car I was thinking of buying.

I tried not to respond to that offer, but couldn't help myself. Otherwise the car is very impressive.

BTW: I have a Renntech upgraded model of your car. I get it but I don't do donuts.

Just my thoughts.

#6 ·
I can't help but think that any potential buyer would be turned off by an offer to "do some donuts" in car I was thinking of buying.

I tried not to respond to that offer, but couldn't help myself. Otherwise the car is very impressive.

BTW: I have a Renntech upgraded model of your car. I get it but I don't do donuts.

Just my thoughts.
I suppose I should used a 'smiley' emoticon, as the comment was made in jest. I assumed is was quite apparent that it was a joke.

Do you think for one minute that I'd let a complete stranger do donuts in my prized SL600? Puuuuhlease. Plus, I don't even think it's possible, as all of the security nannies in the car will prevent it.

#7 ·
Thanks for the response. For me, a must when buying these cars are parktronic, keyless-go, and one owner low mileage (extra options would be plus). This is a very nice car no doubt but I will have to pass since it doesn't seem to have parktronic and not a one owner.

GLWS.

#9 ·
Straight from the only man who's ever turned a wrench on her, during my ownership. And it's not like he's the Vice President of the MBCA...oh wait....

Actually gents,

There's been tons of interest in the car and I've got two people ready to send me deposits. However, there's now a chance that we've reached a deal on the compensation package with our live-in daycare, so this bad boy just might be staying put, if we can get her to stay.

I'll update the thread when I know more. Wife is working the deal with her now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.