Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

100/90 Watt H4 Bulbs

4K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  tmodler 
#1 ·
Is anyone running the 100/90 watt Halogen H4 headlight bulbs (24V) in stock SBU Headlights? If so have you had any issues with overheating?

Thanks in advance for the input.
C.

#4 ·
Yarr,
I was looking at the 75/70's too. Glad to know you like them, maybe I will use them instead of going for broke (possibly literally...)

Needamog,
Good point. Last thing I need is to run over an oncoming ford festiva when she swerves into my lane!

Charles

#5 ·
#7 ·
Quite right, this is not an 9003 (?) type H4 bulb, this is a direct replacement for the 55/50 watt bulbs that were in my 1300L truck (maybe others, but it seems each mog is different).

Charles

#9 ·
I've been looking for brighter bulbs for my 1300L as well. So, have you actually installed them in yours yet? I want to buy a set of those if they fit. I had thought about changing lights all together, but for now if these bulbs will work I'll make do with them for awhile.

Gary

#8 ·
Do you guys get the Philip +80's H4's over there - they are a standard 55/60W but the same light output as 100/130W. I had some on my Landrover and they were great. I tested them with a light meter against the 100/130W I had and they gave the same result when the engine was revved to 200rpm but at idle they were 1/3 of an F-stop brighter. They only lasted about two years when one died followed by the other one a month later - seems like they burn quite hot and die out a bit quicker.

#10 ·
Have not installed yet, I just ordered them today. Delivery from the factory is 2 weeks, so it will be a bit before I get them installed.

Charles

#11 ·
Let me know how you make out once you get them. I'm interested to see how much brighter they are than the stock ones, although a candle is probably brighter than the stock ones.
Gary

#13 ·
They have not arrived yet, I had a few special order items in addition to those, so I told them just to hold the entire thing until they have it all to save on shipping. Will let you know when they get here.

C.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.