Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Members List
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld Member

Visitor Messages

Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. center valley
    05-27-2013 12:09 PM - permalink
    center valley
    Hello: I did not clean I cleaned out meaning I have nothing but an empty canister. The reason I did this was to eliminate the heat under the hood and migration of that heat into to interior.It did nothing one way or the other in gas mileage but it sure reduced heat and heat is one reason vacuum lines, rubber hose , plastic and like item get brittle and breaking to break down. If you intend on cleaning there are a couple products intended just four that purpose on the net that you put into fuel. If you decide to take off cats contact me I will help in any way I can.
  2. nathanso
    05-26-2013 04:30 PM - permalink
    nathanso
    Hello,

I read in you post here http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r-c1...ml#post5686221 that you cleaned the cats on your '75 450. I may need to do the same on my '75.

What symptoms led you to believe you car's cats needed cleaning? What procedure did you use to clean them? If they had to be removed from the manifold, what steps are involved (access seems very limited)? Finally, was there a noticeable improvement after your cats were cleaned?

Thanks,

Adam

About Me

• About center valley
    Vehicle
    1975 450SL
    Biography
    old fart that like to play with cars
    Interests
    guns,cars, on the world of the outdoors,spend most of my time in the mountains
    Occupation
    Retired

Statistics

Total Posts
Visitor Messages
General Information
  • Last Activity: 04-16-2014 09:42 AM
  • Date registered: 08-09-2012
  • Referrals: 0