Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Media Albums About

• · Registered
    W123 280E, W126 280SE, W126 280SE, W126 500SE, W126 500SE, W202 C180T, W202 C220CDI
    544 Posts
    Salut. Si mie imi place masina ta. Ai un ID de Facebook? Poate dialogam pe acolo... (ID-ul meu e acelasi, dan500se doar ca il vezi scris ca Dan Soo Se, asa imi dadea voie Facebook-ul).

· Registered
    1987 300 SDL TURBO
    101 Posts
    Hi everybody. I own an 1987 300SDL Turbo, low km(165.000km).I have changed the trap oxidizer yesterday with the original Mercedes pipe,and the car runs better,it feels more responsive,powerful and more quicker than before. I love that.But,I have a question regarding the automatic gearbox.Here's the thing:When I switch the shifter from P to D,it needs a little time to get ready ( about 1 sec),and when I put it to R,it needs about 1,5 -almost two secs to get in the gear.And when I drive it feels nice,but when shifts it feels not very smoothly.It is not a very strong ,,shock'', but I don't know what to say,this is my first MB,and perhaps the old gearboxes are not that smooth at changing speeds as the modern ones.The thing is this: do not have a problem with that,as long as this behavior is normal.It could be just my concern and nothing more.But I don't know what to say at this point.Thank you, have a nice weekend and thank you in advance for help. Regards, Mike, Oslo, Norway.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…