Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell About

• · Premium Member
    Current, 90 300CE, 92 400E (Sold 95 E320,70 250C, 91 190 2.6, 91 420 SEL, 95 300D, 87 TD)
    1,767 Posts
    Good to hear! Good luck with the 300CE! Mine is still in the shop.

· Premium Member
    124.031 1992 300E-24 3.0 L M104.980 I6 Sedan
    62 Posts
    Sam, thanks for the advice! The OVP, well, I got one URO... I didn't know about the brand characteristics. I got Brand new fuel pumps, fuel accumulator, fuel pressure regulator, and voilá, today morning, my father in law insight, new spark plugs! The car cranked, started, stayed on for a while, but got off again, for me it's amazing, because I was not starting the engine since last year (12/2012)!!! Now, with new spark plugs, new fuel filter, at least it's starting!! Thanks a lot for the advice! do you consider important to buy another OVP, just in case the URO fails?
    thanks in advance,
    Itamar.
    PS.: Are your family in Rio or São Paulo?

· Premium Member
    Current, 90 300CE, 92 400E (Sold 95 E320,70 250C, 91 190 2.6, 91 420 SEL, 95 300D, 87 TD)
    1,767 Posts
    Check to see if it is getting fuel..turn key on and listen for the fuel pumps. Near the fuel pumps there is the fuel accumulator ( the back flow device ) they get old and let the fuel run back in to the tank and next to that a fuel filter that probably needs changing unless you have the history of the car. Do a all around check for spark air fuel. look for major vacuum leaks. Another major culprit is the OVP over volt protection relay behind the battery. I don't even know all the stuff that controls but it sure can cause a lot of problems if it is broken (only buy Mercedes/Mailey NO URO BRAND) IF YOU HAVE A SINGLE FUSE ITS TIME TO CHANGE. The new ones are dual fuse. These are just some ideas. The last thing is do a tune up IE coil, plugs, cap, rotor, air filter, OVP, fuel filter, and see where that gets you. Then post more as needed. PS I have a cousin in Brazil She moved down there with her husband for a job in the Brazilian orchestra.

· Registered
    00 Audi TT & 00 E320 4M
    1,552 Posts
    Not sure what you mean by "pin bushings" and "silicon wires". Though I'm not a parts supplier anyways. You may be better off searching on eBay or online autoparts for specific items.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…