Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
J

Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell About

• · Registered
    current: 08 GL320 CDI, 05 ML 350, 98 E300, 84 300SD,
    497 Posts
    Hey JQ. Just saw this Ill try to sum this up as best I can.
    I would remove the sunroof cover 1st: this is done by opening the roof 1/2 way, then grab the liner at the snaps and pull down. hold it, then finish opening the roof until the liner clears, pull down out of the way. Note: use the trunk access if jammed, obviously. Also, don't force anything. When the cover is off, you will see the worm gear attached on a "T" support bar that attaches the slide rails. remove those 10mm bolts and this will allow you to get the jammed unit(s) freed for service or replacement. Remove the outside cover too; this will expose the tracks!
    WARNING! Common sense dictates you observe the broken pieces and have replacement ready. That way, you won't get confused with reassembly. I got all broken parts and extras from local JYs. Get all the felts and brackets from a donor car as this would be your best option than dealer replacement, respectively. A tricky job, but not impossible. Especially a tilt.

· Registered
    1993 190E 2.6 Sportline LE
    137 Posts
    Awesome thanks.
    I do love it so far, feels just like driving my 190e but newer lol.
    I will have to go get it inspected soon. The original warranty may actually still be valid but not sure. I did purchase the extended carmax warranty so hopefully that helps. Said it can be used at dealers so im hoping it can. The car was leased so im sure it was serviced before.

· Registered
    0 Posts
    Great to see you bought a C350 2009. I picked mine up last month as well. Absolutely love the the car. Since i'm under warranty i'm getting a few items done on it. Upgrading the command system to new version, getting folding mirrors lubricated, getting lug nuts replaced under warranty. Just keep an eye on the rear passenger light, it some models it has had a burnt harness issue that leads to a bulb malfunction, out of warranty a cheap fix, but free within the original warranty. Overall, the car is awesome and nothing else re called or problematic. I know a service manager at the dealer and he gave me a full history of the C350 and they look great.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…