Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Hard to find Code definition P0600

78K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Wendell Whylly 
#1 ·
I purchased a OBD II reader and received a P0600 Communicationl Link error. I searched this forum and the internet and could not find out what the error actually meant. I called the OBD II instrument company and they emailed a electrical diagram. Basically it has to do with an error on the CAN Data Bus, the IFI control module (in fuel line injector module) or the RCL module (door lock??). The code was able to be cleared and did not come back (yet). Kind of a strange error code. PS-I could not clear the $%#@ SRS idiot light with the OBD II, after replacing the blinker (combination) switch and having t disconnect the air bag.

#6 ·
c230, It was the K-40 relay located in a black plastic box near the firewall on the passenger side of the car (understand this is for a 1997 E300D). If you search this forum under the P0600, you will see all my previous posts and the help I received from this forum (the help was great!). You will see exactly what was happening with my car (speedometer would quit working, car would go into limp mode, all idiots lights would come on). I also replaced the battery. Between doing both, it corrected the problem. Hope this helps.

#7 ·
C230

do a battery reset of the cars systems.See if that re-establishes data communication between the modules.So many things can be out of the link and throw a P0600.Even failure of the climate control to send data to the dash cluster.So if the battery reset does not solve the problem,don't throw parts at it,get it on an SDS and it will show a big F in the faulty circuit.
Have you an obd2 scanner? If you do,erase the code and see if it comes back on before doing the battery reset as sometimes comm errors are just temorary errors.
:bowdown:

#8 ·
I had it checked at the auto parts store. It had 14 trouble codes. All of them were involving cylinder misfires on all cyclinders, low fuel pressure, lean exhaust emissions. But its running rich cause there is a lot of black around the tailpipe.. I had the code cleared by the auto parts store and we cranked it up and ran fine for a minute. When I got back in started it up and got to the end of the parking lot is was back on. It runs like crap at idle.. in neutral it will idle up to like 1500 rpm and then back down and will start spuddering to the point the car bounces.. then in gear in will spudder also. If i give a little bit of gas with my foot on the brake like at a traffic light the spuddering stops and it runs smooth and stays running smooth while driving.. no loss of power or anything.. just horrible at idle..

How should i reset the battery? Just un hook it for a while?

#10 ·
I just spoke with my local dealer and that K-40 relay is gone on my car and is replaced by a Signal Acquisition Monitor ...
O.K., now I think you know exactly what your problem is. MB electronics does not take kindly to some parts of the electronic system being replaced with non-oem parts.

#11 ·
p0600

I have an 04 c230 kompressor and it was surging badly so I read the codes and they were p0600, p0620, and p0128. I replaced the alternator and battery(not yet replaced thermostat) Its no longer surging and running much smoother, but still gives me a p0600 code and when sitting still in drive I hear a tapping perhaps coming from the supercharger? Its never over heated and the oil is changed regularly so I'm almost positive its not a piston or something. Can anybody please help me!? I'm a DIY person so I will take any advice. Thanks

#12 ·
Vehicle will not idle, but have good trottle

2000 Mercedes C230, 6 cyl. inline.
Customer complain vehicle cut off at idle. Tried adjusting RPM, but engine revs up to about 1500 rpm then down very low then cuts off. Tried swopping mass air flow sensor. Scan system, got codes P0600, p0200. Where do I go from here. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.