Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

which MB uses two different types of windshield washer fluids like the newer BMWs?

756 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Kajtek1 
#1 ·
which MB uses two different types of windshield washer fluids like the newer BMWs?
(there are two washer fluid reservoirs, one for regular and one for BMW's "intensive"
washer fluid... if you pull the wiper stalk towards you, the regular stuff is squirted on
the windshield, but if you push in the stalk, like on a MB, then the special intensive
windshield fluid is sprays)

Thanks! )

#2 ·
Don't tell me the intensive fluid cost more, than MB brand ATF ?
I don't believe in the chemicals for washing. Have been washing my engines with plain water for a generation just fine. If you do it regularly and on warm engine you don't need acids at all.

#4 ·
There is something with bugs splashed on your windshield. I drove tens, if not hundreds different cars and driving usually fast few times a year I get into overpopulation of bugs.
I hate to pull over every 1/2 hr just to clean the windshield, since I don't make stops sooner than I need fuel.
From all those cars only one was able to clean the bugs with factory wipers. It was 2003 VW Jetta. Never could figure out if that was windshield material, the angle or the wipers that make the whole difference, but it is one of those wonders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.