Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NEED Good Advice on My E320 Coupe W124

993 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  67_250SE 
#1 ·
Hi all!

Ive once posted my 94 E320 Coupe for sale on here, ended up I decided to keep it. Once again I have decided to sell and this time it has to go. I am just wondering from you all what a pristine 94 W124 Coupe should go for. I have all the service records since day one (1 mile on car) to present. I have original window sticker. All service by Mercedes Benz (RBM of Atlanta). Car has 62k on it. Its silver with grey leather. Interior in Mint Shape, Wood, Carpet and all. Has factor MB 6 disc changer. Has 17 inch AMG mono block wheels with Mich. Pilot tires. Car has had all updates and problems taken car of such as Head gasket, Wiring Harness, Compressor, Evaporator, Throttle Body. Car has had other standard repairs such as brakes, ball joints and rec. maint. Car honestly needs nothing. All inspections are welcome and all repairs and service are documented and in my personal file. Once again just want some good insight on what I should be able to get for the car? Thanks for all the help!!
:thumbsup:

#5 ·
A regular-condition 300CE can bring $6000-$8000; an exceptional condition can bring $8000-$10,000 with the right buyer. Your car sounds about perfect, having had all the expensive stuff done, so if it was me I'd start at $9500 or so and try to stay there.

In 2008, the ONLY way to sell a car is to clean the crap out of it, take about 30-40 high resolution pics of everything (including the flaws), then write a detailed description about it and start advertising.

#6 ·
In this economy.............$6000 tops. I'd keep it but then soon it will be a year older and will depreciate more. Look at the NADA guide and list it for 15% less. Aloso no bank will finance such an old car. I think it makes much more sense at this point to keep it and drive it until it dies. Good luck.

#8 ·
Dione: I am on my second 300CE. Mine are nice, but yours is truly drool-worthy. Only someone who has driven a 300CE on a regular basis can appreciate the real value of a car like yours.

Having said that, you are the victim of today's crappy economy. Two years ago, or even a year ago, you could have sold yours for $9K (or even more). I realize that this is no consolation, but facts are facts.

If I were you (and I am not) I would hold on to that coupe for a bit longer. If you sell it for $6K you will regret it.

One suggestion (if you really want/need to sell it) is to see if you can sell it by way of consignment, through a California company. Car prices still have not taken a big hit in California - they will eventually.

Since you asked for advice, may I ask why are you selling it now? That could make a difference on how you approach this.

In any event, please know that your 300CE (or CE 320) is a real beauty.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.