1988 "Zender" 300CE Coupe, 2009 Renault Koleos, 2007 Kia Rio Sport
    3,199 Posts
    GLENROY EXHUAST
    12 Dennis Street, Campbellfield Victoria 3061
    Phone : 03 9308 0310 Fax : 03 9308 9516

· Registered
    300CE-24, W204 C220 CDI, W210 E55 AMG, W124 300TE, W163 ML270 CDI
    399 Posts
    The rain has stopped any sign of work. Damn it. A road trip would be good, but that'll have to wait unfortunately lol. I gave up with the garden due to the rain and decided to work on the inside a bit.

Just yesterday, the rubber mount for the exhaust just came off, and its now somewhere n the ringroad. More sign that I need a new exhaust! Its good to see an influx of Melbournians on this place, its pretty lonely with these Americans!

· Registered
    3,199 Posts
    Ouch the poor rear suspension. C220 better have a good set at the back !
    We finished the kitchen and kids TV/play area not without 3 liftouts and refits when I screwed up Hahahaha. Small hallway area to kids bedrooms and bathroom then onto the sunken lounge and gym ? area to the front door. Don't know if I would laminate again but then again I am a lazy ass bastard anyway. Prefer going out and playing golf myself ! Another 300CE guy in Melbourne just posted about other members in Melbourne, IBBI I think is his name. Maybe we will have to get a 300 convoy going around Xmas in good weather for a BBQ and a drive or something. Friends of mine own Black Spur Inn on way to Eildon - might make a good road trip !
    Bet your enjoying the backyard work with all this FRIGGIN RAIN ! Hahhahaha

· Registered
    3,199 Posts
    Hi Mate
    We are more kindred spirit's than you think.
    At the moment my house is a friggin' mess - we are covering the existing crappy tilework with laminate flooring. The original builders back in '84 didn't level the slab and of course we have dips and peaks all over. Might have been easier to rip it all up but that's a filthy time consuming job. So I am cutting laminate into a myriad of shapes to fit under the kitchen we built about a year ago.
    I am seriously thinking of the small Zender spoiler for the rear it is reminiscent of the BMW one's, small unobtrusive but breaks up the tail profile. I think the ducktail is just a bit overpowering and better suited to a widebodied coupe like some of the guys have done in here.
    My only long term concern for these cars is the failure of the over engineered bits. So many friggin relays and electrical bits for this that and the other. Reading some of the posts is kinda scarey !
    Catch ya soon

· Registered
    300CE-24, W204 C220 CDI, W210 E55 AMG, W124 300TE, W163 ML270 CDI
    399 Posts
    Thanks a lot. I do plan on replacing the front apron, rear bumper and the grille to an avantgarde style. The cluster sounds good, but I'm going for a classy stocky look. I'm quite interested in the ducktail or bib spoiler too. I've heard and seen of carshine, I've been on the website quite a few times and promise myself to visit that place as soon as I have the time.

Does your friend do performance enhancing parts also?

These cars are fantastic, I don't understand why everybody shy's away from them, but in a way I'm happy for the individuality but I've noticed these old mercs are getting more common. I get mine serviced by our mercedes independent, costs between $110-300 which is nothing at all and has far outlived any of the cars we've owned previously such as Holdens, Fords, Audis, Nissan, BMW, and Volvo. Each was flawed for its own reason, these cars seem to have the least flaws.

Does your central air vent blow out cold air all the time?

· Registered
    3,199 Posts
    A lot of the W124 E class stuff is now on clearance sale. I know he has only a few bits of coupe stuff left, Zender skirts and rear bumper and AMG side skirts but not much else. These kits getting harder and harder to source. I am sourcing white face gauges dials for the 300CE customised for the Zender but going to offer any or no logo on the accessory dials if your interested. Be about $65 the set. (AMG did white face) .Anyway keep in touch if you need help with anything or source parts I have been slowly building a list of good contacts for parts (particularly in the UK for RHD stuff). Cheers Ray

· Registered
    3,199 Posts
    I replaced all mine as the contacts were wearing on a couple (after 23 years what would you expect) and it cost me $32 for the 4. So far I have changed a lot of the standard instrument bulbs for LED's - it''s a personal thing I like my interior controls a bit brighter. As I fitted an Alpine headunit which has white or red display I have opted for red and I think the result is great so far. Havent got to the centre a/c or right air vent yet but the left one in red looks great as does the transmission light. Also fitted an auto dimming miror from 2phast.com. That gave me trouble but it was me trouble not the unit. FInicking fitting it back in. I have my eye on a Zender bib spoiler for the rear soon (there's a photo in here somewhere). Think that just breaks up the boot a little. If your serious about bodykits might I suggest have a look at Carshine website.

· Registered
    3,199 Posts
    Funny thing is people said why a Merc gonna cost you in parts and servicing etc but reality is to find a well looked after car around the 12k bracket your options are not good. Used and abused Common-doors and Floor'ds or generally not looked after Japanese cars just didn't appeal. I love this beast and at times it's simplicity compared to more modern electronic cars. And many smaller parts are cheap as chips. Minor things I have wanted to buy or replace (such as window switches etc are so common on eBay and cheap.

· Registered
    3,199 Posts
    Sorry for not replying sooner - this board doesn't let you know all the time when you have messages. Yes Gary owns Carshine in fact. It's an interesting business he has, started out cleaning prestige cars in the city and then branched out into after market parts. From what I read on the boards the only power gains to be had on ths 103 is turbo and it's hard to find the kit to fit them now. Otherwise engine transplant but again finding a suitable donor car is going to be hard and the electrical circuitry is the scary part of doing that. Yes this is my keeper - I recently sold a courier business I had after 6 years of slaving my guts out and hence bought the Merc. continues

· Registered
    3,199 Posts
    Hi Mate
    Yeah it is the one from CarSales. It has been for sale for a few years but Gary was in no hurry to sell. I have known the car so to speak for 6 years but never in a position to buy until recently. Gar and I had a business relationship and frankly knowing the car, his ethic on his cars we didn't haggle a lot but came to a compromise on price.
    Changed the wheels to the 10 spoke which I had on the side for a while think they suit it better. Love driving it, can't believe the power it comes up with when asked.
    What do you drive by the way - your profile doesn't say much !
    And yes it is nice to have a local contact as well. Keep in touch

Ray
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…