Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell About

• · Registered
    0 Posts
    Hi! I have a 2005 S500 Mercedes Benz with 57,000 miles. A few days ago I notice that my Nav/CD/Radio will turn on but it wouldn't play. It show no CD then turn off. Saturday morning, I my car battery was dead. I replaced with a new battery. Monday, my car battery was completely dead.

I read your thread saying the Nav system not shutting down may be the cause. Yesterday, I ejected the Nav Command CD. This morning, when I used my keyless remote, I noticed that my battery haven't completely drain. I will try starting it to see if it would start.

If the Nav is causing the problem, how should I have this problem fixed.

Very Respectfully

Lawrence

· Registered
    C215-CL500 & W140-300SE
    682 Posts
    Sorry...been away for a few years....When I had the battery drain problem and ejected the Nav disc - I just never put it back in, and the problem of a 'draw' on power disappeared..

Hope that helps

· Registered
    C215-CL500 & W140-300SE
    682 Posts
    Greetings Alex,

Sorry about the late reply, but I haven't logged on for a while. I really wish I could help you, but I don't have a solution. Usually I do a search to find info and while doing just that - I see that you fixed the problem....EXCELLENT and thanks for sharing.

Best...

· Registered
    1989 300te 54k milles inmaculated / 2003 ram v10 /2008 prevost(home)/2006 sts V / 2001 cl600/ 2002
    56 Posts
    Sorry phne repost :eek:(

· Registered
    1989 300te 54k milles inmaculated / 2003 ram v10 /2008 prevost(home)/2006 sts V / 2001 cl600/ 2002
    56 Posts
    Ifari I was searching the forum and looks like u are pretty good with the. Hydraulic side of the cars, I have a 2002 cl500, my trouble is my power steering reservoir is foaming up and spitting fluid out not mather how high or low fluis is on reservoir, also I noticed the 5 second sound on start up would love to talk to u, pm me if I can give you a call
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…