Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

190D Euro headlight wiring problem

14K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Jippi 
#1 ·
hey there so i ordered some new European lights for my 1985 190D 2.2L and when i went to install them i found that the wiring harness would not hook up to the new lights dose any body know were i should go to get a European wiring harness? below are a few pictures of the lights and one of the pictures is of the original wiring harness. if anybody has installed these in there car and know any tips for wiring it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
you need to replace the sockets. the sockets you need are the exact same as the ones for the rear tail light (6pin). buy these from the dealership or pull from the junkyard

here is your diagram

the new sockets are symmetrical btw (that is, they will be mirror images to each other)

#4 ·
Thank you. I am wondering about the symmetrical part. Does this mean that you are showing the 6pin socket for the driver's side and the other side will be the mirror with the wires on the opposite side? Also, with the diagram you are showing, is this as viewed from the wire side or the socket side?

#7 ·
i might have a extra set somewhere if i do 15 shipped. check the fyi thread theres a vid on the euro install

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.