Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1979 Mercedes 280 SL Roadster European Model

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  daryn 
#1 ·
We have a 1979 Mercedes 280 SL Roadster European Model 3-speed automatic. We are looking for some advice as to selling this vehicle. It has approximately 84,000 miles. The body and top are in very good shape. It was recently serviced by a Mercedes Dealership and check out. It needed a new alternator and battery. The interior needs some refurbishing. We are in Cleveland, Ohio and were curious if there are an reputable Mercedes refurbisher in the area.

This vehicle seems to be very rare in the U.S. Any direction you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

#2 ·
Cool car! Good luck finding the velours, I looked around for them, but couldn't really find the original cloth. I was able to find a mohair velvet that looks about right from hirsch automotive online, but haven't seen the material to judge its quality. Everyone here is going to tell you to put leather on there, but if you find velours somewhere you might post a supplier to help est. a reputable supplier for those who chose not to basterdize their original upholstery.

You might want to check the classics center, but they will be very costly. I have an insurance estimate book from like 15years ago that I use to find part numbers and the cost for the cloth paneling is really expensive, thousands of dollars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.