Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Correct PSI to use?

788 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Musikmann 
#1 ·
MB recommends 30psi for the back and 28psi for the front I think it is on our 230k. Got 4 new tyres of late, the car shop set the 4 at 32psi which is what the tyre manufacturer recommends. Which is the best to use? With gas prices I don't want to be using the wrong psi!!

#3 ·
I agree. Then later you can add a couple of pounds if you prefer slightly sharper handling and economy. Note: check pressure when tires are cold/before driving.

Generally the pressure shown on the sidewall is the maximum allowable psi, not the recommended pressure.

#4 ·
My door sticker recommends 27 all around under normal conditions and I have tried that, and also 28, but I prefer 30. People here have said the MB specs in Europe are higher, and that the lower ones we see here are because most Americans want a softer ride.

I say phooey to that. If I wanted soft I would be driving a big Cadillac or Lincoln.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.