Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Sirius and XM for Mercedes-Benz.?

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  MB-SV 
#1 ·
I need to know what company if any, makes a plug and play satalite radio system to be integrated into the factory radios on the newer (07-08) Mercedes-Benz.

Does anyone know who is making systems for satalite radio for Mercedes-Benz?
Help.

#2 ·
If you want something that will just plug up and work all you need is one that uses a standard earphone connector for the output. This will plug up to the AUX. port in your glove box. Did your vehicle not come with the sat option on your radio? You should just have to activate your subscription to get Sirius. I think all 07's and 08's came ready for Sirius.

#3 ·
No, what I need to do is add Sat radio to a vehicle that didnt come equiped with it. It cant go through the Aux because that type of unit does not get controlled through the radio, thats not what the customer wants. It needs to be integrated into the factory radio and work like factory. Much like the Axxess systems that work with the XMD1000.

#4 ·
Ahhhh ok I understand what you are asking now. I am not aware of any aftermarket setups that can be operated through the vehicle systems(But that doesnt mean they dont exist). But it is possible to add the sat reciever and antennae from mercedes to the MOST network, but this is only available with Sirius and must be coded to the vehicle and the actual configuration of the MOST right adjusted.

#8 ·
They have been trying to merge for a while. Its kind of hard to do something like that when they still have brand new vehicles that are already equiped with their product. I havent really been into the HD radio thing yet, none of the dealerships are offering it as a factory option yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.