Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

windshield washer blade stuck in the middle

5K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  alexus.one 
#1 ·
Hey all i have problem with windshield washer blade (or whatever you call that thing that whipes off rain, wiper?) Basicaly the wiper goes to the middle of windshield then its stops for 1 sec and then continues very slowly till the end of the glass and then goes back the same way to the middle gets umm stoped by something and baraly returns to initial position. Same happens on all speeds.
Does any one have any idea what can cause it? And how can I fix that?
Thanks!

#8 ·
Had the same problem. There was a post abou this a few weeks ago and it said to take the 2 covers off the wiper arm and spray lithium grease on the mechanism. I could not the large cover off but was able to spray grease in under the arm between the arm and windshield. It worked great. If I find the post I will direct you to it.

#10 ·
Ops I forgot to post reply :(
I was trying to remove either cover and no luck. it just doesnt go off. I think there is sone sort of lock that is not described, or I am such a dummy that cant get it right :(

Can some one give me more detailed guidence on how to remove the covers off?

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.