Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

The Mercedes-Benz E-Class Executive

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  BenzMeBendMe 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Sounds like MB is preparing their typical end-of-model run, offering extra goodies to help them sell off the last of the current body style. This ad is for a UK offering. am sure we'll see a US special as well. Bet the E slows in sales for '08 with the new 204 out.

#5 ·
This could probably mean that Mercedes-Benz has finally created a program similar to that of BMW's Individual program if they haven't already.

BMW's Individual program allows one to take any BMW and make custom colors, custom interiors, have special accessories etc.

The E66 7er is only offered from the Individual program and is more aimed at the corporate world since it comes with tables and reclining seats etc.

#6 ·
This is England.

Where an enormous percentage of all the new cars are bought as company cars.

Company cars are very widely given out throughout the UK, as job perks just like paid vacations, dental and medical care are considered job benefits in the USA.

Practically everyone in England who is on salary gets a company car, and they are often entry level small sedan ones like 3 series BMW, Mercedes C class, Ford Mondeo, Opel, etc.
Especially for sales reps who drive a lot.

They show up on used car forecourts after a couple of years from new, so they are all over the place.

I really don't know why everyone gets company cars over there but I think they are given so that when the employee gets a company car, he is getting something that can't be taxed, instead of NO company car at all, but a higher salary, which CAN and is, taxed by the Inland Revenue.

That way the company can pay a lower salary, and the employee will take it but get to drive a new car, so it is a win/win for both.

Tax evasion, err, tax avoidance, is a big part of the British way of life.

I think all this company car stuff started back in the days when Margaret Thatcher was PM, but I am not sure.

This ad is very clearly an appeal to that very HUGE segment of purchasers, the buyers of company cars...

Perhaps some people from Great Britain can comment more comprehensively.

#7 ·
Ironic: in late May I ran into an English salesman in Klagenfurt, Austria, and we were talking about cars and I mentioned I had [then] a E320. He said he just got a new company car and he looked at the Es but ended up with a 5 Series BMW. He told me that most mid- to upper-level management types did get cars, and for all the reasons you just elucidated. On another note, on my trip from Venice to Klagenfurt I didn't see any exotic Italian or German cars, but we were passed by a black Rolls Royce going about 120mph on the autostrada near the Austrian border. And in the lakeside town of Velden we saw two Rolls, including a bright red convertible!

#8 ·
Peteski said:
Ironic: in late May I ran into an English salesman in Klagenfurt, Austria, and we were talking about cars and I mentioned I had [then] a E320. He said he just got a new company car and he looked at the Es but ended up with a 5 Series BMW. He told me that most mid- to upper-level management types did get cars, and for all the reasons you just elucidated. On another note, on my trip from Venice to Klagenfurt I didn't see any exotic Italian or German cars, but we were passed by a black Rolls Royce going about 120mph on the autostrada near the Austrian border. And in the lakeside town of Velden we saw two Rolls, including a bright red convertible!
What a coincidence! :bowdown:

---------------------------
Mercedes Benz Floor Mat
Mercedes Benz Fender

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.