Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell About

• · Registered
    4 Posts
    Hi --

I wanted to take a moment to thank you kindly for your wonderful PDF summaries of the SL -- they have really, really helped me.

I am a Jaguar (and other British car and motorcycle) guy (although I drive a BMW day-to-day most of the time). My wonderful wife finally gave into temptation and bought a 1986 560 last weekend.

It has some problems, as all 26 year-old cars will, and, in searching the forums, I found your consistent and perceptive voice to be very, very comforting and your PDF summaries to be absolutely fantastic.

So, thanks again, from the bottom of my heart!

-- Kevin T. Williams, Nashville, TN (1969 Jaguar E-Type, 1985 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas)

· Registered
    Mercedes-Benz 380SL
    68 Posts
    Hi... Thanks for the detailed advice, was very welcome... Your car looks sweet man... I have also Black/Black, tho mine was bought over ebay, one drunken night on my birthday heheheeheheh.... I shouldnt laugh but I love her, just trying to bring it back to life after a few years neglect. I had no idea the cost tho. Even to get cheap parts in Germany is hard as mines a US model...... best news.... I have Euro headlights.... just need the euro bumpers and she's sorted..... once again Thanks

· Registered
    1986 560 SL
    10 Posts
    Hi again Herb,
    No need to respond to my last message. If you want, search for 'cold starting takes too long'.
    Good road,
    Bruce

· Registered
    1986 560 SL
    10 Posts
    Hi Herb,
    I updated my profile. Somehow, I thought I had done that before, but nothing was there when I checked today.

How do I get a little picture into the thread section? I put a picture into my profile, and I thought it would also be the little picture in my thread. If they are supposed to be the same picture, then maybe mine is too big.

Cheers,
    Bruce
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…